What saw you got that will always start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started and ran my McCulloch pm700 yesterday after sitting for close to 2 years. But my 056magii is my big guy that I can always depend on. Got some other good ones but I know those will be there for me

My work saws all of them. Between cutting seasons they sit full of gas, they start right up. Sometimes I start them up between there naps. They sat from April’s mud season, spring thaw till September when the permits came out. Unless they called me to do work.

I expect all 3 of mine will, but I have to give the nod to my Husqvarna 460, it sat with stale gas(ethanol gas at that, probably no stabilizer in it either) in it for 5+ years after I moved to a house with no wood stove on a lot in town so no property to maintain to speak of. It started on I think the 3rd or 4th pull, though it needed to be tuned. I pulled the carb apart and cleaned it up before I actually did any cutting with it, but I was surprised that it fired right up like that given everything I mentioned.

a72678f4e1f622b81a6d2a749b690980.jpg

Starts right up.

I adjusted the chain once. Other than that, add fuel and bar oil and use it.

Maybe it works good because I haven’t “fixed” it. [emoji6]

Yet.

Back