Stihl Flippy Caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you take the time to look you’ll see index marks on the tank and cap when the cap is properly closed.
So just watch the marks while opening and closing and practice on an empty tank.
As I walk away with saw in hand with lubricant drooling down my pant leg. Gotta feel sorry for those macho types with saw slung affectatiously over shoulder.

It's a solution to a non problem. It's bling. Unnecessary.
So there isn't a problem with them, you just don't like them?
I put them on my 70cc saws that didn't come with them, so I guess I have a problem or is that I like the bling :laugh:.
You need some of my extra standard caps, they work well too, especially if you don't clean your saw very often(I know guys who cut for a living don't).

I just don't see a need for them when a regular cap plugs the hole.

what is the annoyance of a regular cap?
Not as easy to grab with gloves, why grab a scrench when you dont need to. You also never need to grab a scrench because you accidentally over tightened them like a standard cap. Very simple and easy to use never needing an extra tool. And guess what if you dont like them you can choose to switch them out with the standard style, stihl owners sure wish it was that easy, so quit whining about them and be happy there are choices.

I just don't see a need for them when a regular cap plugs the hole.

what is the annoyance of a regular cap?
When they stick shut, they're hard to open without a tool. It's more of a convenience than a necessity. This is why the Stihl caps are a joke to many, because if you're going to make something complex with a number of moving parts, there better be a real need for it.

When they stick shut, they're hard to open without a tool. It's more of a convenience than a necessity. This is why the Stihl caps are a joke to many, because if you're going to make something complex with a number of moving parts, there better be a real need for it.
Some of the guys have issues with the stihl flippys releasing all the tank pressure quickly as well, non-problem with the husky version.

If you remove the cap and look at it closely you’ll see the it is made up of two independent moving pieces. So when it won’t go in you actually have the cap in the lock position. Put it back in and unlock it or unlock it by hand when it’s out .
I asked her last night what I should do if it keeps falling out?
She said, “put it back in and take shorter strokes.”

do ya think Husky might be open to a license deal to allow Stihl to incorporate husky caps on Stihl products? :p :laugh:

:blob2:
Why not, they are now using springs angled handle bars and air filtration like husky lol.
I'm glad they're is a little competition, or we wouldn't see much improvement in either one.

We haven't seen much improvement in 30 years, so why start now. I doubt if anything with an engine has improved less than chainsaws over the past 30 years.

antivibe-check
chain brake-check

Done.

Wait ... do you mean to tell me my new saw doesn't also work as a vacuum running around the floor when I'm not home :surprised3:
Damn ... ripped off again :omg:

Back