Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see locust rounds in that picture :sweet:.
Those plywood pieces are nice.
Some good therapy, probably not wanting to go back .

Don’t have to go back to work today my half-day was from 5 to 10.

Go on craigslist and put in plywood for Detroit. The guy still has to be there. I cannot remember the exact price off the top of my head but I think I got 80 to 90 sheets for around $2.00-$3.00 a sheet.

The sizes are a bit strange and the plywood is definitely nothing special.. they were used to ship automotive parts on for GM I think.

Don’t go there with a half ton unless you have a trailer to put them on. I think one pallet of them was more than the payload of a half ton.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Don’t have to go back to work today my half-day was from 5 to 10.

Go on craigslist and put in plywood for Detroit. The guy still has to be there. I cannot remember the exact price off the top of my head but I think I got 80 to 90 sheets for around $2.00-$3.00 a sheet.

The sizes are a bit strange and the plywood is definitely nothing special.. they were used to ship automotive parts on for GM I think.

Don’t go there with a half ton unless you have a trailer to put them on. I think one pallet of them was more than the payload of a half ton.

I figured, and I also figured you wouldn't want to go back tomorrow. Being the boss man has it's perks, getting in late isn't normally one of them until your way up the ladder or the owner, and most those guys aren't late starters anyway. I started at 5 for many yrs, which meant getting up at 3:45. I still wake up then most days, the difference is I go to the bathroom and go back to bed, I still have quite a few yrs of getting up early to make up for :laugh:.
I've seen his ads quite a while ago, he must have had it advertised up here too as I don't remember looking at materials down there, but I run into some odd things running my searches.
I like my trailers, I don't own a truck with a bed, but I could set up a bed in the back of my suburban :).

Why can’t it ever end up being MORE wood than I thought it was......[emoji848]...[emoji1787]

136307c57ab939a1f7e86be9c1cf0b19.jpg

Well at first I thought you were referring to it because you saw the ad, but then I realized you were talking about my statement in regards to the 70cc saws.
You and your uncle have something in common other than being related, neither one likes to use the quote button o_O.

Which chipper you talking to:lol:.

come on man...... you know what I’m talking about

I'm totally joking.

Don't know whose pics you want so here are a couple of mine. Earth Stove and Lopi.

You mean I'm not the only one who gets confused when guys don't use quotes:laughing:.
Looks nice :blob2:.

who you talking about???
I'm not sure inserting quotes is helping me to follow this conversation!

Dang. Is that normal this Time of year? We get those temps to but usually not until January or February

Subzero in December is common. We usually get one blast before/during the holiday and then in January and February we will get another cold stretch or three. Subzero in November and March is uncommon but happens. Sometimes we get subzero in early April too.

We're at our high for the day of +1° F. Tractor was slow turning over even with 0w20 in the crankcase.

The fishing was pretty slow. Probably the storm didn't help. The resort did start letting people drive out on their plowed roads. My arse waits for 18" ice. They had 8" of nice clear ice and another 2-4" of the soft white ice above. Probably just do some local crappie fishing if anymore at all.

We're at our high for the day of +1° F. Tractor was slow turning over even with 0w20 in the crankcase.

The fishing was pretty slow. Probably the storm didn't help. The resort did start letting people drive out on their plowed roads. My arse waits for 18" ice. They had 8" of nice clear ice and another 2-4" of the soft white ice above. Probably just do some local crappie fishing if anymore at all.

I hear ya. I would wait too. When i was in high school this kid thought he was cool and took his f-150 on the lake with only 5”. He hit the ice at about 30mph, did a big loop and then back off the ice. He was lucky.... and stupid.

Two more died overnight here, succumbing to severe burns. Not every dead person was lucky enough for it to be very quick.

That has to be the worst way to go. May God be with them and their family.

Heat wave! We just reached 2 above LOL. On down to -6 later tonight then we get positive temps till Sunday night.

I was mumbling some bad words this am with another 6" that came but your cold weather beats that.

I hear ya. I would wait too. When i was in high school this kid thought he was cool and took his f-150 on the lake with only 5”. He hit the ice at about 30mph, did a big loop and then back off the ice. He was lucky.... and stupid.

Ice is very strong. I would drive my flareside single cab (only weighed 4400 lbs) on 10" of ice. I wait for much more for my heavy ass 2500 or suburban. When you see guys with xcab trucks and wheel houses break through the ice they usually give at about 5-7"

That has to be the worst way to go. May God be with them and their family.

I was mumbling some bad words this am with another 6" that came but your cold weather beats that.
I would rather plow snow every day at 25 degrees than have to deal with deep cold. Outside of snowmobiling (with proper clothing) there is very little that can be done outside in deep cold. And the fish usually do not bite very well either.

Latest posts

Back