ECHO 2511T Best Bar Size?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So what would be a favorite or most popular bar size, 12" or 14", for the 2511T?
I've seen both at dealers and the 14" doesn't look wrong.

I like a 10" bar as you can cut a tree/limb upto 20" with it. I have a 14" and it pulls it surprising good, but I like the shorter bar better as it makes it tiny and easy to carry everywhere.
Which bar and chain are you using that’s 10 inches? Do we have to change to a different sprocket or anything else to use a 10” bar and chain combo on the CS-2511T? Your reasoning for why you prefer a shorter bar in this case is the same as mine, and I think it may work the motor slightly easier to not have to pull as much chain around the sprocket and bar.

I have a 280T with a 10", and a 360T with a 12".
I think that if you had the rear handle version it would make more sense with a longer bar.

I've tried 10, 12, and 14.

I didn't like the 10". The bar and chain were made for an Echo pole saw. Just didn't feel right to me.

Both the 12 and 14 work and feel fine.

View attachment 779602 View attachment 779603
Been running 14” Stihl micro Mini for about 8 months. We’re down to one 35cc on the truck and we hardly ever use it. I took down a 18” green Ash with the above saw yesterday. Also pruned 3 other green Ash and 2 Honeylocust of similar size in the same day. It does a lot.

does that Stihl bar fit without any modifications?

Back