Post pictures of your new chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice saws! And I know they are too.
I have a couple of axes miself but I haven't played them for... many years. 10,15 or 20. I cant remember, but I was in to all the great music of 68 to 73 when I started.
I'm just starting out. Going to convert those to 4-string to make it easier to play chords.

I didn't feel quite at home in the "you suck" thread with this, I didn't buy a truck load of used saws for virtually nothing :rolleyes:

I ended up with this saw after reading these pages for some time, it will be my main saw for the rest of my life...
View attachment 779526

I would love to see what you got yourself; big or small, new or old, ported or not. Thanks.
Looks good Buttercup.:numberone: What size chain come with the saw?

This is how I do the 5105 cat mufflers. Just remove the whole cat plate.
Belt sander or heat and open up the crimp.
20190423_080112.jpg
You can see the spot welds drilled on the one on the left. The whole plate with the cat comes out after that.

Without the plate the opening is plenty big enough, the nuts for the bolts that hold the deflector have to be tacked back on and the now empty can has to be heated and re-crimped or welded back together.
20190502_063033.jpg

This is how I do the 5105 cat mufflers. Just remove the whole cat plate.
Belt sander or heat and open up the crimp.
View attachment 779701
You can see the spot welds drilled on the one on the left. The whole plate with the cat comes out after that.

Without the plate the opening is plenty big enough, the nuts for the bolts that hold the deflector have to be tacked back on and the now empty can has to be heated and re-crimped or welded back together.
View attachment 779702

Thanks for that, much appreciated. How is the sound level when it's done? I'm asking because I am a considerate man - to my neighbors at least.

Back