Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you eyeball and guesstimate the deflection in them please? We recently had to change our standards because of the weaker plantation woods available these days compared to old growth timbers the pioneers had at their disposal.

Can you eyeball and guesstimate the deflection in them please? We recently had to change our standards because of the weaker plantation woods available these days compared to old growth timbers the pioneers had at their disposal.

?? You use our standard for timber framing which has mgp & F rating & how far they will span.

Hi @chipper1, here's some Quaking Aspen I milled into 2x6 and 1" live edge for floor.
The logs had been cut for about a year before milling. Used the lumber right away, there was some movement but worked for my needs.View attachment 776200
Good morning Leeroy.
Those look nice, you still out falling, or on firewood duty now.
The other day looking at the pictures of the barn I noticed the other barn a ways behind this one, looked nice.
May cut a bit today, need to try out the 462.

KiwiBro, some of them are 2"! Not sure if it's the fault of the way I milled them, the fact that it is Quaking Aspen, that they were not stickered, or a combination.

Good morning Leeroy.
Those look nice, you still out falling, or on firewood duty now.
The other day looking at the pictures of the barn I noticed the other barn a ways behind this one, looked nice.
May cut a bit today, need to try out the 462.
Hello Brett,
I should be out cutting timber, but home trying to get some things done before winter really sets in, which includes firewood! Also have heavy rain coming in so getting ready for that.
If the barn you see has a gambrel roof, it would be the chicken coop. It's probably 10x12.Thanks!

That base would make a beautiful taple top.
That is pretty cool looking.
Dropped this three stem maple in a few steps, first the hard leaning 20" plus lead off the side pictured above the crotch, then went back a couple weeks later and dropped the other two together with the skidding winch holding a bit of tension on the back lead, didn't want here to split off into the pool or the house. I was glad they held together for me.
Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 9.30.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 9.32.09 PM.png
Then I dropped this pine too.
Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 9.29.51 PM.png

Hope you are okay. Ron

Lucky me its pretty soft ground, and I've learned to go limp and roll with it, muh neck is a little stiff today I sorta half bounced on my head, then nearly nose dived into the waiting excavator track.

Otherwise just a dirtier hoodie, not even any bruises, was laughing to hard to even bruise my pride lol

Was that caught on tape?

Sadly no, I was in a hurry and the L.O. was in the way... we all have regrets though don't we

Back