Husqvarna other flywheel options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt93eg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I rebuilt a little 136 after it ingested the choke plate screw and battered itself up and cracked the piston.

A cheap complete kit was ordered to hopefully get this cheap saw back running. Upon reassembly I noticed the new flywheel key way on the new crank is not the same as the original. The original has a key way on the crank and then the flywheel has a key way made onto it. The new crank has a wider key way like you would install an actual key into the groove and then slide the flywheel on because it would have a notch made into it.

I have been looking at other flywheels but not positive what would work. I saw a flywheel for a Poulan 2000 that looked to have the correct setup but not sure if the flywheel would work. Has anyone ran into this on this saw? Im guessing not as I know its not a favorite.

At this point it looks like I may have to pull it back apart and use the original crank. Here is a pic of the difference.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 15
Keys are only for alignment, so mark on your old flywheel where the key is and dremel the cast in key out. Clean the flywheel and crankshaft real well, line up your mark with the slot and tighten her up.

Some have done the opposite, ground a key slot into the flywheel. Your new shaft uses a 3mmx3.7mm standard husky key.

Keys are only for alignment, so mark on your old flywheel where the key is and dremel the cast in key out. Clean the flywheel and crankshaft real well, line up your mark with the slot and tighten her up.

Some have done the opposite, ground a key slot into the flywheel. Your new shaft uses a 3mmx3.7mm standard husky key.

That makes sense. I ground out the casted key, it has a nub on the flywheel right where that was which makes it easy to identify thats where the key was, cleaned everything up. Saw was popping here and there after I put the recoil back on but seems I have a spark issue I gotta deal with now. I can ground the plug, sometimes it sparks, sometimes it doesn't. Thank you for your help with the flywheel portion.

Back