Post pictures of your new chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you like the Jonsered with the straight front handle/bar compared to the Husky?
I'm ambidextrous but i do cut a lot left handed
it's comfortable for me to use.
i have full wraps on most of my 372s
for easier left hand cutting.
it's not a necessity
but i cut on steep terrain often.
makes it easy to back blade.

That's a great pic, I'll have to dig up a few saw/Christmas pics with the kids.
What area do you live in.

BC this is my newest addition, sorry about the lighting :eek:.
May run it later today and an ms291 I'm getting ready to list.
View attachment 779741

I was seriously considering that one as my mini mill saw along with the Husky 576 but I got a better deal with the 7910 that included the Granberg so that kinda decided it for me.
I thought perhaps it might be beneficial to be able to adjust the carb too when using it as a mill saw in the long run, might be wrong but I'm quite happy with it anyway.

It must be quite fun to go to the shop and just pick and choose "I want that one", and then come home to unwrap the latest and best you can get for money :crazy:

112afb06cf330911cbbde24a13d0f730.jpg

One old one new. Both brilliant!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

How ya like the 6100?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I was seriously considering that one as my mini mill saw along with the Husky 576 but I got a better deal with the 7910 that included the Granberg so that kinda decided it for me.
I thought perhaps it might be beneficial to be able to adjust the carb too when using it as a mill saw in the long run, might be wrong but I'm quite happy with it anyway.

It must be quite fun to go to the shop and just pick and choose "I want that one", and then come home to unwrap the latest and best you can get for money :crazy:
the latest is not the best.

one of the ebay R nos aka the trash/junk saws
guy's told me.
mine was in new condition.
i had dj port it i never liked xt saws
but this is the strongest one I've run.
had a 8 pin with 24" full comp.View attachment 779882
Yeah buddy:chainsaw:.
I run mine with an 8 pin too, also ported, junk "r" models :cheers:.
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 10.05.09 PM.png

Not sure I'd run a 576 autotune for a milling saw,
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 10.09.12 PM.png
I'd want a standard carb unit myself, the 7910 should do just fine :rock:.
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 10.12.58 PM.png
For most people it's a matter of choices, I owe no-one anything(still have property taxes, ins...), when I bring one in there's usually one going out on the other end. I make many choices others are unwilling to make, and because of it I can do things that other would like to do, short term suffering for long term gains.
I don't buy much of anything from a shop, and when I buy I typically get a good price or I don't buy, unless I need something specific for a job.
Latest and greatest, and an oldie but goodie.
Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 10.20.40 PM.png

So I got this one out of a bone pile at a small shop today.
Had to step on a bunch of dry rotted plastic orange and red saws to get to it. Sorry about that. It had been out there for several years in the rain and cold/heat. Has spark, and the tanks are nice and empty. Piston looks good. Maybe needs rings. Should start up and be fine. I'll get a little of the rust off the bar after I cut with it a bit. Should shine up nice.1213191826_HDR.jpg 1213191826a_HDR.jpg

Thanks Nate, I like your pic on the island :cheers:.
And what's not to like about seeing the cousins together :D. Did they argue over who was going to do the milling.
Did you finish up both logs.
Had to put paper towel down so saw didn’t get dirty, lol.
Nope they get along pretty good;). One has half wrap and no chain catch so he’s happy doing milling and noodling big rounds, other one has wrap handle so he gets felling, bucking, limbing duty.
No the other log had too much rot for boards.

Had to put paper towel down so saw didn’t get dirty, lol.
Nope they get along pretty good;). One has half wrap and no chain catch so he’s happy doing milling and noodling big rounds, other one has wrap handle so he gets felling, bucking, limbing duty.
No the other log had too much rot for boards.
Nice, I've had to do that before, gotta keep the saws clean lol.
Glad they're working well for you.
I tossed a chain on a ported one a while back, no catch with the wrap on, bit the handle pretty good:cry:, but it kept it off my chapless leg :).

Hello from Italy.
A little about me… I’m 44 male… a complete hobby logger.
This is my last buy : Active 39.39 :
Nice little saw. : Here's with Makita DCS 5030 and little AMA 26 (Zenoah 2500 clone).

fetch
welcome to the site
i have several Italian alpina saws
great saws with weak coils lol
i wish they were still in business.
they don't produce pro saws anymore.

welcome to the site
i have several Italian alpina saws
great saws with weak coils lol
i wish they were still in business.
they don't produce pro saws anymore.

Thank you.
Alpina now is part of sweden GGP group.
They sell chainsaw, but they don't project/made them anymore : those chainsaw are made in China.
Another little firm eaten by international big fish.

In italy there's Active that project and made chainsaw/garden equipment :
39.39 is a cheap and possible alternative to Husqvarna t540 / Stihl MS201
62.62 is a good professional chainsaw : same league as Husqvarna 357.
Maybe the project is outdated (traditional carb), but the weight is only 5.6 KG for a 62cc and the power is 3.4 Kw

p.S : by the way : No, i'm not a Active sales Agent, nor a Seller :) :)

Back