Husqvarna top handle electric saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcbane

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the T535iXP differs from the T536LiXP? I'm having trouble finding the 536 model and have found not even a single review of the 535 model. Is it new?

No replies but I will post what I learned in case someone else is shopping for an electric saw. The earliest documentation on the 535 at the Husky site is from 2019 while the documentation on the 536 goes back several years. So it does appear the 535 is a newer model. Meanwhile the 536 is featured on the Husky website as if it is a current model but I couldnt find anyone with a top handle 536 in stock.

The only difference in the user manuals is that the 535 is approved for both .325 and .375 chain, while the 536 is only approved for .375 chain. Presumably you need to buy a different drive sprocket to switch to .325 chain. All other specs and recommended usage appear identical.

In any case, I purchased the 535 with 12" bar and the BLi200 battery. I have taken it on a few climbs so far and it works great.

I don't climb with a chainsaw, I leave that to you pro guys. I do like the practical right hand carry around (like you're absolutely not supposed to do) and the maneuverability though, I still have all my limbs attached to my body...
Someone who knows about it will chime in sooner or later, like they say in any horror movie; you are not alone :cold:

Does anyone know how the T535iXP differs from the T536LiXP? I'm having trouble finding the 536 model and have found not even a single review of the 535 model. Is it new?

As far as I understand it the "T535i XP" (note the letters missing or not in front and aft the model number) is the later version of the "T536Li XP", the weight are the same for those two.
On my side of the pond the saws currently listed at the Husqvarna site is; "535i XP" listed in the professional column, "T535i XP" listed in the tree care column, and "330i" listed in the "other saws" column.
The "535i XP" and "T535i XP" have a chain speed at 20m/s (about the same as a gas saw), while the 330i have a chain speed at 15m/s (pulls a little harder on your hands/arms due to the slower chain speed).

Just noticed this thread. The pole pruners have similar new numbers. I went to the ipl's for the top handle if I recall correctly, the motor and controller have the same part #. Check the trigger, wonder if the .325 you mentioned is the new mini kind.

The 35 indicates the cc equivalent. Has power precisely of a 35cc saw. The prior T536lixp saws have 35cc equivalent power not 36. That’s why the new nameplate on similar saw.
The new T540ixp (summer 2020 in Canada) will cut like its gas powered 40 cc cousin. A game changer for climbers and with a similar low-weight to T535iXP.

The 35 indicates the cc equivalent. Has power precisely of a 35cc saw. The prior T536lixp saws have 35cc equivalent power not 36. That’s why the new nameplate on similar saw.
The new T540ixp (summer 2020 in Canada) will cut like its gas powered 40 cc cousin. A game changer for climbers and with a similar low-weight to T535iXP.

Has anyone used the T540i yet? I was about to pull the trigger on the 535i, but may wait for the 540i now

The 36 is the nominal voltage. A lithium ion cell has essentially 4.0 volts fully charged and 3.6 volts halfway discharged. They have 10 cells in series. Same thing some tools are 18 volts and others 20, one kind of deceptive,the other kind of honest.

T536 has at best 60 % performance of 36cc.

Husqvarna unlike Stihl puts their parts sheets out in public. The battery size was 4.2 and recently is 5.0 I believe it is watt-hours. Perhaps they can just re program the controller and call it a new model?

The 36 is the nominal voltage. A lithium ion cell has essentially 4.0 volts fully charged and 3.6 volts halfway discharged. They have 10 cells in series. Same thing some tools are 18 volts and others 20, one kind of deceptive,the other kind of honest.

T536 has at best 60 % performance of 36cc.

Husqvarna unlike Stihl puts their parts sheets out in public. The battery size was 4.2 and recently is 5.0 I believe it is watt-hours. Perhaps they can just re program the controller and call it a new model?

So you don’t think that the new 540i will be any better than the current 535/6i? There are videos of the new t540i out cutting the t540 gasser, not sure the current one can do that. But could be marketing.

Also looks like the new t540i is lighter than the t535i and a 201t with a 200 battery even though husky says the new one weighs the same/slightly more. Could be different oil amounts that were in the video.

hq bat chain.jpg I was not aware of a t540i before reading here. There has been sufficient time since the t536 for a re design. If you can post a link to a spot on their site I can examine. I didn't make up that 60% in a prior post, testing vs 338xpt and Dolmar 351. This is the link I go to https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/battery/ I am more interested in the pole pruners while I think the battery top handle I have is quite well designed overall I have spent enough time unclogging the debris near the sprocket. If you get one the Makita sprocket for the xcu03 fits it and should replace the Husky sprocket and the washer yielding more contact area on the motor shaft. Also if selecting 1/4 inch pitch sprockets the Makita one gives a 9 tooth in 1/4 where the Husky one is 8 tooth.

They announced a new one the other day that is now non top handle battery for pro use... the size of the battery is pretty big.

why can’t they make a non top handle 540 for gas!!! Would be pretty light. Probably cause the reviews on the 540 are not very good... stihl owns that market

They launched both a Top handle (T540i xp) and a rear handle (540i xp). They designed a 200X battery specifically for this new saw so it could be “equivalent to a 40cc”. Looks like shops in the UK may get them in stores later this month. Price is quite a bit higher than the current 535i.

Here are some links I was referencing:

https://www.husqvarna.com/uk/products/chainsaws/t540i-xp/967863712/

this one shows weights (kg). Not in English but you can follow what they are doing without translation.

View attachment 798438 I was not aware of a t540i before reading here. There has been sufficient time since the t536 for a re design. If you can post a link to a spot on their site I can examine. I didn't make up that 60% in a prior post, testing vs 338xpt and Dolmar 351. This is the link I go to https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/battery/ I am more interested in the pole pruners while I think the battery top handle I have is quite well designed overall I have spent enough time unclogging the debris near the sprocket. If you get one the Makita sprocket for the xcu03 fits it and should replace the Husky sprocket and the washer yielding more contact area on the motor shaft. Also if selecting 1/4 inch pitch sprockets the Makita one gives a 9 tooth in 1/4 where the Husky one is 8 tooth.

use this link: https://www.husqvarna.com/uk/products/chainsaws/t540i-xp/967863712/

I had to accept cookies to proceed. The manuals link does not lead to an ipl or owners manual and my search in their data base yielded no results. None of their electric tools state kilowatt or horsepower power ratings, amps of the controller or such stuff. If it is actually more powerful than what I have is not addressed best as I can tell. It is the same battery …. right? (Battery family) 40 volts when fully charged, I measured 39.9 and strangely one needs to put it in the saw and run it to get a reading.

What is new and improved that I have found is the following. Feel free to add more.
Price includes: Saw chain X-CUT SP21G Semi chisel PIXEL .325" mini 1.1 mm https://www.husqvarna.com/uk/parts-accessories/chains/x-cut-sp21g/593914151/?q=967863712

adjustable oiler instead of the fixed one I have on 536

seems smart phone connectivity

IPX4 classification for rain resistance

Shows battery charge info. The 2014 battery I could press the button at any time and see how many bars, 2015 and later marked battery the saw needed to be turned off to get a reading.

I just corresponded with a few dealers on timing and pricing for those interested.

USA: Dealers get shipments in August 2020 (both saw and 200X battery). No official word on pricing or comparison to the current 535/536 battery model
UK: £424.30 (14" bar and chain); availability mid-April. £120 for shipping if you can't wait. Battery cannot be shipped.

Video compared to MS201t for fun.

I have the T 536 LIXP and the 535 I XP. Both use the bli 200. I believe I saw where the 540 I uses it also. But the X battery is supposed to have more power and last a little longer.

Do you know if the bli20 (not 200) will fit and function though?
I watched some stuff on the newer Husqvarna battery chainsaws:
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/new-husqvarna-battery-chainsaws.344811/
Although, the presenter stated that the batteries are compatible with all of their O*P*E products, the Husqvara site indicates that their smaller batteries will not work for chainsaws. They also mentioned a newer 'X' battery,
"One battery fits all
The BLi-battery pack is designed for recurrent demanding use. It fits all our handheld machines, which allows you to quickly switch the same battery between a trimmer, blower, chainsaw* and hedge trimmer and keep working. (* a chain saw always require battery BLi20/BLi200)
"
https://www.husqvarna.com/us/accessories/battery/
Philbert

Back