Recommendations on best 16 or 18in bar and chain combo.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So stick with the the 20 then? So what's the thoughts on the Oregon bars and chains are they good to use or just run the stihl brand chains because weather or not I buy another bar I'm buying extra chains. I'm asking more in the area of the chain recommendations because my saw didnt have any problem running the 20 in bar I have at all. I just like to blow money pretty much is what it is in the end. Paycheck equals pay Bill's then its play time. I took to throwing chips as my new hobby.

So stick with the the 20 then? So what's the thoughts on the Oregon bars and chains are they good to use or just run the stihl brand chains because weather or not I buy another bar I'm buying extra chains. I'm asking more in the area of the chain recommendations because my saw didnt have any problem running the 20 in bar I have at all. I just like to blow money pretty much is what it is in the end. Paycheck equals pay Bill's then its play time. I took to throwing chips as my new hobby.

I just happen to come across a Oregon bar and chain for $50 and thought I'm already gonna spend almost $30 on stihl chain why not get a bar with the chain for another 20

The Stihl bar is as good as it gets

260 you have a tremendous good saw, put a 20" on it and its nothing but a joke compared to the alternatives, whatever you want dude.

That modern high performance world wide pride is going to bite the dust so bad compared to a 038 at 20" that it's simply be a scrapyard capable worth nothing at all if that's your game. That' your game?
Let me know I'm here all night long and I just love to put things right.
Capable and good is just so very different, did you know about that friend?

I've heard the Echo super mini 25cc is the best saw in the world lately, it does everything.
Why would you want to drag around a 5kg saw when a 2,4 kg saw does it all? Just asking.

261 with a 16" bar would be pretty much the same as a Husky 550 with 16" bar, an amusing tool.
261 with a 18 or 20" bar? that's like trying your best to believe your saw is a 70cc - whatever decade production.

Happy national long bar wish day :rolleyes: power is irrelevant - efficiency is just a word.

One thing I have learned in here is that what wood you're cutting and how you do it does not matter, how long bar you have on your saw does - it is crucial to the pride of the owner. Nothing else matters.
I just realize how happy and grateful I am not to be bonded by that illusion.

So you can have 13" bar on your 260 - wow that's a powerful saw! you can have a 16" bar on your 260 - that's good enough. You can have a 18" bar on your 260... that will go along though not that impressive, you could do a 20" bar on your 260, that's not really a good saw at all.
And after all this, you have not yet considered what wood you're actually cutting. Because it does not matter - how long bar you have matters...

What a bunch of idiots.

If you really need an 18" - why don't you buy a 60cc, and if you really need a 20" - why don't you buy a 70cc? :dumb:

Buttercup you've documented your opinion and that's fine but give it a rest. Your conditions in Norway may well be very different to the OP. Ive had a few MS261's have ran every size bar on them mentioned in this thread except 13". But is my opinion based on cutting Ozzie hardwoods with a 261 really that helpful to the OP when our conditions are so different. No need to rub people up, you'll feel better helping someone or running your saws.

Back