Any Stihl Experts Identify This Incomplete Power-Head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm late to see/comment on this one.

All the picture shows is the throttle butterfly. Need to open that to see inside or take carby off.

Recoil cover is a sign that it's an 034 , not an 036.

Not sure if/how you can tell externally 034 vs 034S cylinders apart? I would measure bore with plastic straw method.

Is this helpful? I'm thinking 036?
BITTXnD.jpg

ZtgqsTb.jpg

034 super KS.
Here's the 024 cylinder, look at the top fins, or lack there of.
View attachment 781380
Here's the 026.
View attachment 781381
Winner Winner....

That’s an 034 Super and you suck. Excellent saw. The top of the jug gives it away.
Nope, 034. Shine a flashlight down the intake, 034 has a tonsil while an 036 does not.
Not on the 034 Super. On the 034 46mm there is a intake tit, they removed it for the 48mm variant.

That’s an excellent saw. The other clue is the bright orange plastics. The early 036 were more brick red. The fuel caps are the old style. Almost all standard 034 had front tensioner, I have seen a few standards with a side adjust but it’s rare.

There are different mufflers, some need the spacer and some don’t. If you give us a peek inside we can let you know.

I think you may have a standard 034 muffler on there with a spacer.

The super muffler has an extended baffle the comes forward and empties out on both sides, the standard a more traditional ventilated box type.

There are different mufflers, some need the spacer and some don’t. If you give us a peek inside we can let you know.

I think you may have a standard 034 muffler on there with a spacer.

The super muffler has an extended baffle the comes forward and empties out on both sides, the standard a more traditional ventilated box type.

I think you nailed it, looks standard w/spacer based on your description.
Q3M2He5.jpg

When I was getting the picture of the inside of the muffler for the 034-s I took the piston cover off my other 034 for comparison. I noticed the cover has a small adjustable door on the right top between the cylinder cover and the carb cover. Is this to aid in airflow for cooling when working in hot conditions?
CONsM82.jpg

b7MLleP.jpg

When I was getting the picture of the inside of the muffler for the 034-s I took the piston cover off my other 034 for comparison. I noticed the cover has a small adjustable door on the right top between the cylinder cover and the carb cover. Is this to aid in airflow for cooling when working in hot conditions?
CONsM82.jpg

b7MLleP.jpg
Which muffler is on this saw.

Back