Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, these are the first pics taken with my new cell phone, and I figured out how to transfer them all by myself (with a little help from the internet).
Liking my moto g too. Not a 7 though. I think it's a 3 and everyone tells me I need to upgrade but I'm trying to get as many miles on this one as I can. The camera app on mine has some really good editing features that are easy to use. Yours will be streets ahead of that.

Having never felled a tree in m life I am in no way qualified but..James? WTF is that cut?
I’ve felled a few small trees but not game to post pictures of the stumps....... On second thoughts better if I do post them to get some expert advice if deemed necessary.

d34e5b6994614692458087ac4b7db76a.jpg
A balmy 36 degrees here. But I thought a fire sounded nice on the shortest day of the year (winter solstice).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a very productive day that ended on a sour note.

As I was working on the tailgate of my truck before dark I noticed that my running lights and dash lights were on (lights were turned off on the knob) accompanied by the smell of hot wiring. Couldn’t figure it out so I unhooked the battery and will have to try to figure out what the hell is wrong tomorrow.

I did get the 8500 all suited up and after a lot of hand filing the loop of LPX is again sharp. The chain that came with it was rocked pretty substantially but I had time and a fresh file. I have some stuff to noodle tomorrow as a test run.
FB0950B8-0D1A-4357-A96F-E5A3A85D6D75.jpeg

Burning some wood right now, I think it's beech...heavy, dense, burns slower than oak...

I spent the last week installing a new breaker panel in the garage. Old one was a Siemens, it was damaged (probably another freebie the PO found), and only had four slots (it was a pain finding breakers too). When I opened it up ten years ago, I replaced all the breakers because they were not Seimen and most were loose (like they had been used several times). Installed a small Square D, it was only a six slot, but I installed a couple mini breakers...didn't need to, but I did anyway and added an extra inside receptacle and then put one outside (I work a lot in the driveway), added a ground rod while I was at it. I had to upgrade because I brought my 60 gallon compressor home and it was 220vac where the little one was simply 110vac.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3B74A02E-1AF0-40D7-9153-CA37079828B7.jpeg
1E64077F-4C70-4366-96A9-32A7F9513636.jpeg

FF256558-7067-469D-B34F-8D0E56E2B20F.jpeg E86EF5A3-0E03-44C0-B95D-5F00F44CB99E.jpeg
Hey guys haven’t been on in a little while. I have been busy cutting up almond trees it’s a lot of work once they are put into piles. I’m thinking I should get about 15-20 cords out of here before we burn the piles it’s kinda sad all this good firewood going to waste.

View attachment 781969
View attachment 781968

View attachment 781971 View attachment 781970
Hey guys haven’t been on in a little while. I have been busy cutting up almond trees it’s a lot of work once they are put into piles. I’m thinking I should get about 15-20 cords out of here before we burn the piles it’s kinda sad all this good firewood going to waste.
That's too much! Piled that way is quite an aggravation to get out if there was only a couple piles. Lucky you to have a choice of the easier ones.

I’ve felled a few small trees but not game to post pictures of the stumps....... On second thoughts better if I do post them to get some expert advice if deemed necessary.
I've posted stump pics in this thread. But wouldn't dare anywhere else on the site. The internet ninjas can be harsh around here.

Back