Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was the saw, did you have to do much to it to get it running. Sure looks good.
Saw was given to me in “ran when last used” condition. Took several pulls to get it going but starts on 3rd or 4th pull now. Choke is a bit sticky and still missing the spike but I’ve got the contact to one of the guys on here to buy one once I rebuild the savings after Christmas gifts.

Otherwise it’s perfect.

I cant seem to find what I'm looking for searching. I am trying to get a poulan 1800 running for my FIL. I put a kit in the carb, replaced fuel line and filter and got it to run. I had a ton of spit back from the carb and it didnt want to idle. So I dug in a little deeper and found a rogue wood chip jammed in the reed valve. I removed the chip and flipped the reed over.
It seemed to tune a bit better but I'm still getting a lot of spit back. Any ideas? Also, the oiler is not working at all. Can someone school me on that as well? Thanks.

I cant seem to find what I'm looking for searching. I am trying to get a poulan 1800 running for my FIL. I put a kit in the carb, replaced fuel line and filter and got it to run. I had a ton of spit back from the carb and it didnt want to idle. So I dug in a little deeper and found a rogue wood chip jammed in the reed valve. I removed the chip and flipped the reed over.
It seemed to tune a bit better but I'm still getting a lot of spit back. Any ideas? Also, the oiler is not working at all. Can someone school me on that as well? Thanks.
When you flipped the reed over, did you inspect it to make sure it was sealing off. I use a bright light when I inspect the ones I've done, if I see any light, it's not sealing.

Steve Sidwell

If the reed valve looks flat, then you might want to inspect the plastic to make sure it has not warped a little. Steve has a good idea with the light.

Here's some stuff for ya. Told you wrong on the valve, it's behind clutch.
adedf108a5d7c837803f262990be1fb0.jpg
869e68b2e30f9b97659fb4b827642a93.jpg
ed1c696d5495c0fbfed4a64c45e418cd.jpg
5eb050fbfd6d2839ce441027f8ad5551.jpg
e6cc9d9d901f820163797f2eab5be215.jpg

Steve Sidwell

Grabbed a bunch of locust from a coworker and grabbed my 3700 and husky 372. Got there and he had a large stump that needed cutting. Tried the 372 and I guess I forgot to sharpen the chain after the last time I used it as it was smoking and not cutting at all. Grabbed the trusty 3700 and cut beautifully even with the bar buried. First time I’ve gotten to run a saw in awhile.

Glad to hear some folks are getting some saw time. Ever since dad had his accident at the farm, hadn't been down there to do any work for over a month. We have, me and my brother, have been doing maintenance work on some of the equipment. I guess and hope we will split the John Deere 3020 come spring and replace the clutch. I'm looking forward to that,RIGHT.

Steve Sidwell

The saw runs incredible! Not the fastest large cube saw I’ve ever used but the torque is incredible. Now granted I don’t have a bucking spike but I could not stall it while noodling frozen birch.

One question. Do these have an adjustable oiler?

Cleaned up and ready to go View attachment 782166

View attachment 782165
Hope this helps
fea14e3b25eb2930eeca4d40819ac178.jpg

Steve Sidwell

Latest posts

Back