Fully Synthetic 2 Cycle Oil Vs Standard?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the Price throughout the US. for Motul -700 & 800T currently , just curious !
About what I thought , around $ 35 / litre here in the Great White North , for this ester synthetic 800 T oil not cheap ! 700 $ 25 / litre pricing . The Maxima 927 does not appear all that special more like original Techniplate in comparison . It would appear Sabre shall remain my go to oil still at these price points !

927 is a Castor synthetic blend like Klotz super techniplate, it's an awesome product in certain applications, I probably prefer it over the Klotz.
927 has alot more castor in it than Klotz, but I also have the same opinion as you in that I think it's a much better product than ST. In fact Maxima makes better products than Klotz, period as far as I am concerned. Klotz sure does smell nice though.

927 is a Castor synthetic blend like Klotz super techniplate, it's an awesome product in certain applications, I probably prefer it over the Klotz.
Yeah but not all that good in my current overall applications Andre . Perhaps if it was available during my snowmobile or moto and enduro racing days . If I change from Sabre it would be to a ester based syn or full syn . Just can,t get my head around the elevated pricing !

Yeah but not all that good in my current overall applications Andre . Perhaps if it was available during my snowmobile or no to racing days . If I change from Sabre it would be to a ester based syn or full syn . Just can,t get my head around the elevated pricing !
Sabre costs more than something like Honda Hp2, Maxima K2 or Yam 2R here. All of those three are great oils.

Yeah but not all that good in my current overall applications Andre . Perhaps if it was available during my snowmobile or no to racing days . If I change from Sabre it would be to a ester based syn or full syn . Just can,t get my head around the elevated pricing !
It's used when making racing fuel mostly, I wouldn't use it in a normal saw, as it would leave hard deposit, although not on the level of ST.

Never say never ! I just found the BC172 castor I used back in the 70,s . Its advertised as twice the film strength of current premium casters . The old BC was a 30% caster blended oil . Klotz Benol is the current generic name . Unfortunately all these Caster blends are more suited to snowmobile and motorcycle racing or high performance requirement than air cooled saws as we have agreed other than perhaps milling applications , shame price point is attractive too !

927 has alot more castor in it than Klotz, but I also have the same opinion as you in that I think it's a much better product than ST. In fact Maxima makes better products than Klotz, period as far as I am concerned. Klotz sure does smell nice though.
Original techniplate is probably the only Klotz oil I would consider running in a normal saw, well R50 worked well for enough, crazy good film strength. Bad part about ST is the fact it's a moisture magnet, although many have ran it without issue.

Original techniplate is probably the only Klotz oil I would consider running in a normal saw, well R50 worked well for enough, crazy good film strength. Bad part about ST is the fact it's a moisture magnet, although many have ran it without issue.
Esters and castor both attract moisture like crazy. Some are worse than others. I have had certain esters turn carb brass black with in a week. The Banshee I currently own had its lower end corroded to failure from being stored with ST by the previous owner.

What about Maxima Super M? Its a synthetic blend and cheaper that K2.
How does it compare to other blends like 2R?

Of all the oils on the market Super M is the go to oil for me. I built an immense amount of engines using super M during my dirt bike days I would not say there are not good oils out there, but several shops got me into the Maxima lines. When I had to pay for my own oil I still ordered it for dirt bikes. When I was building snow mobile motors in the seventies I used a lot of formulas depending on ratio of alcohol. I still believe that set up is far more critical than brands of oil. Since the sixties I have never had a oil related issue with any chainsaw. Thanks

Latest posts

Back