Favorite Saw You Own

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my echo cs 5500 all my saws to this day were I am at with saws now started with 1 I got close to 20 and looking for more I prefer the high end saws but will work on any of them to gain skill and noledge. I really like this arborist site there is a lot of great info on here and a lot of helpful folks with the same intrest.

hope everyone has a great holiday:happybanana:

I have a 029 supper I use it has a plastic handle you are right about the cold never thought of it that way when running a saw I like a firm grip and less flex in the handle bar I worry that the plastic will fail cant say I ever had a problem with plastic handles just prefer the metal ones my 1989 echo cs 5500 uses a metal handle and metal tank and oil tank shes a brick **** house my good friend rmh did a mild port job on it you get a nice sharp chain on it throws slaw.

wow cant say I ever saw a saw like this very cool saw yeah I have a hard time with my favorite saw I prefer high end saws but will work on any saw I can get my hands on. The Husqvarna 288xp high top with the 7th mount is a saw I hope to score some day.

Too bad he dropped off. He made some nice running saws. Very reasonable prices too. I have a 350/346 and a 395 he did. Both great running saws.
Call him.
Driller 2159
:rock:.
I prefer saws with metal handles I think plastic handles are cheesy and don't feel right. anyone feel the same?
Welcome to AS chap.
They don't bother me. One thing you'll find is each saw has it's own handling characteristics, some is caused by the mounts(spring or rubber), some it's the handle positioning(distance between) or the angle on the top handle(angled or straight), also inboard or outboard clutch can make a big difference too. These are a few things when it comes to handling, then you have the chain tuning as well as chain type(semi chisel or full chisel, skip or semi skip, narrow kerf or standard), then you get into modding :dizzy:. Lots of variables, but if you leave the plastic handles out of the mix you'll be skipping some great saws :yes:.

Call him.

I'm happy to report that I am occasionally in touch with Mike. I sent him a text to say Merry Christmas today. I just meant that he dropped off the saw scene, and it was unfortunate.

I like Mike, and wish him the best. He made some good running saws. I wish he was still around.

Edited to remove useless info about old business.

I agree there are a lot of nice saws with plastic handle bars but never seen a full wrap plastic bar if I a fire fighter needs a saw they don't reach for plastic I don't think at least pro saws seam to come with metal handle bars pro saws Husqvarna does a nice job with there saws same with stihl a lot of stihl saws use plastic which you paying threw the roof for a saw to begin with why cheeze out and do plastic I guess its a saw enthusists preference.

or the big companies putting more money in there pockets to cut costs. I guess or mabey that's what folks want I still prefer a solid handle to grab beter to bend than melt or snap.

really I like all them saws I find them all fascinating thanks for all the great input from fellow chainsaw enthsists it made me look at opions difrently which I can understand better now.

rock on:chainsaw::blob2::guitar::barbecue:chainsaw chap here

Latest posts

Back