Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had 4 Super 1050's, one my Dad bought new in 72-73, it had a Tilly, the other 3 had SDC's. As stated no decomp. I started running the 1050 as my daily use saw when I was about 16-17. I found out quick if you want to keep your fingers when that thing pops back, keep the throttle cracked at least half way, or use the throttle lock. When I first started running them a was just a tad afraid of them, and tried to start them "easy". Ain't no easy about it. I learned to find a log, set the tip of the bar on the log, hold the throttle open with my right hand, and crank with the left. They never popped back. If you try to pull it over with the throttle closed it will pop back and rip your fingers off. I asked one time why it did that? Answer I got was, "reed valves", all saws with reed valves do that.
Thanks , I've been using it for bigger stumping, and my foot is small enough to fit in the handle and I'll crack the throttle open with my boot and it does help but I don't see any place for a throttle lock? Do you have a picture of one?

Interesting that the SDC's on the Super 1050 had the largest venturi of all the SDC's I have a record of. There are a couple of other models with the 19.84mm venturi. Not sure what they were used on.

The HL's were used.
Prior to Lot 6206 S1050
Prior to Lot 6217 S1130G

A copy of that IPL attached.

Attachments

• Homelite-Chain-Saw-Parts-Manual-For-Super-1050-Chain-Saw-UT-10139.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Thanks , I've been using it for bigger stumping, and my foot is small enough to fit in the handle and I'll crack the throttle open with my boot and it does help but I don't see any place for a throttle lock? Do you have a picture of one?
Maybe I should have said trigger lock. It's right by your right index nuckle holding the saw right handed. I pulled a 1050 off the top shelf in the garage and the lock is missing on that one. Still runs great. Then I saw a C72 sitting in my Barracuda, it has the same lock, here's a pic. Just pull the trigger and push the button with the spring in and it sets the saw at fast idle. Then when it starts and you pull the trigger, it kicks off.20191202_171605.jpg

Maybe I should have said trigger lock. It's right by your right index buckle holding the saw right handed. I pulled a 1050 off the top shelf in the garage and the lock is missing on that one. Still runs great. Then I saw a C72 sitting in my Barracuda, it has the same lock, here's a pic. Just pull the trigger and push the button with the spring in and it sets the saw at fast idle. Then when it starts and you pull the trigger, it kicks off.View attachment 777129

Ok kinda like the old 10-10's. I'll have to see if I can round one up, thanks.
In the Barracuda? Big back glass model?

Interesting that the SDC's on the Super 1050 had the largest venturi of all the SDC's I have a record of. There are a couple of other models with the 19.84mm venturi. Not sure what they were used on.

The HL's were used.
Prior to Lot 6206 S1050
Prior to Lot 6217 S1130G

A copy of that IPL attached.

Thanks Tim ! I needed that one. I seem to have trouble with the hl tillotson series and I'm glad the saw has an sdc .

Just putting the word out - I'm looking for either a C9 or a C91.I don't exactly want to spend a small fortune on one,I was hoping in the $75 range,something to tinker with when I get back on my feet again.(I had recent back surgery & things didn't go as planned)I don't need it to be a runner,& I don't want something that needs a complete tear down either.I have a C5 & a C71,they're both awesome machines!
Ed
There is a C-91 for sale locally for $80, I sent him a message to see if it is still available. The ad has been up for months so he may be willing to deal.

Ok kinda like the old 10-10's. I'll have to see if I can round one up, thanks.
In the Barracuda? Big back glass model?
Right year, but, it's a convertible. It's one of only 64 built. When I put mine on the Chrysler Registry in 1999 there were 8 known to exist. A couple years ago I saw the list and 4 more have been found. It's a big block, 4 speed, Formula S. The ultimate granny sleeper car. Plain white, black top and interior, no stripes, scoops, or call outs. Just the little round Formula S badge on the fender.
H6FIR32.jpg

Right year, but, it's a convertible. It's one of only 64 built. When I put mine on the Chrysler Registry in 1999 there were 8 known to exist. A couple years ago I saw the list and 4 more have been found. It's a big block, 4 speed, Formula S. The ultimate granny sleeper car. Plain white, black top and interior, no stripes, scoops, or call outs. Just the little round Formula S badge on the fender.
H6FIR32.jpg
Cool

@chainsawlady
do you have...

71946-a bracket
aa-72407 plate
both parts of 5-30 tensioner, actually only need part w/2 holes, goes on bar studs.

73216 belt
72413 seal
also for 5-30, maybe others.

thx
If you haven't found a belt, there is a Bridgeport milling machine belt that is available that's the same as the Homelite belt. I can dig up part numbers if you would like.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back