Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrounged this Christmas tree from the row on the east of the property. This one was there when we bought the place but I have planted well over 100 in several rows to make more for years to come. They are not quite ready yet but it won't be too long.View attachment 782214

I normally don't show my stumps so as not to be criticized; please go easy on me.View attachment 782213
H-Ranch .... you look like a risk taker.

and Merry Christmas everyone!

Got home early, wife and kids were at her sisters. Brother in-law and I went for a walk in his back woods. He won’t drop any trees but knows what to do once I put it on the ground. Has a bunch of dead ash, a GIANT white oak, some red oaks and ONE nice cherry. Uncle Mike, the cherry has a straight 20-25 foot length, he was talking about maybe asking you to come mill it..... also, that white oak is gonna be to big for any of my bars.... it’s a freaking MONSTER
Edit, these are the trees marked for firewood. Has about 7 acres of woods. But these he has his eye on for firewood. Uncle Mike, we’re gonna hook up a pulley system to get some oak outta the woods. It’s down a 30ft cliff. Remember the system we used to get the wood for the cabin..... that’s what I’m envisioning

So, did you see the video of your female cousin axe/hatchet throwing while she was on vacation??? I was both surprised and impressed that my daughter did that!

She was also talking to one of the guys out there (Oregon) who hunted, and apparently it made a big impression on him when she told him that I not only hunted, but that I also reloaded my own ammo and butchered my own deer! His impression of Easterners was that none of us still did that!

Jenny or Krystle?? I didn’t see the video

Latest posts

Back