Stihl ms 500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i just checked and runs an offer for the MS 880 which is 1335€ (Was 1485€) with 30" bar and 1359€ (was 1509€) with 36" bar.Go figure,i believe though that the 500i will be at the 1500 range,dollars for you guys and euros for us.

I see price for the 500i listed at £825.00 in the UK, not including VAT. At today's exchange rate of $1.29 USD per £UK, that is $1,064 USD base price.

Asome video on the 500i stihl yes state of the art fuel injected saw very interesting I am asumming it is a 2 stroke it sure sounds like it I guess the next greatest thing would be a fellow butcher with a large price tag and diesel power there pretty rad too.

keep them saws ripping

I had purchased a used TS500i. IMPOSSIBLE to work on. If you don't have (and no one but dealers do) a way of accessing the computer your done and it cost a LOT of money to repair, with dealers literally throwing parts at it like darts in the dark. There are more modules on that saw then you can shake a stick at. Never would I buy one. These are chainsaws not cars. Rediculous that they even would make that in my opinion. Go price the fuel injector out and see for yourself.
Sorry for the rant..... I really hated that saw

I had purchased a used TS500i. IMPOSSIBLE to work on. If you don't have (and no one but dealers do) a way of accessing the computer your done and it cost a LOT of money to repair, with dealers literally throwing parts at it like darts in the dark. There are more modules on that saw then you can shake a stick at. Never would I buy one. These are chainsaws not cars. Rediculous that they even would make that in my opinion. Go price the fuel injector out and see for yourself.
Sorry for the rant..... I really hated that saw

The injector is 191.00. Did you need one, or did you think you needed one? We sold over 25 TS 500i’s.
Wiring harnesses on very early ones. Also old fuel form lack of use. Very inexpensive repair on that.
Stihl covered every harness problem, even when out of warranty over a year.
Yes, software is helpful on the ( i’s), unlike mtronics
But again, I do question the crash worthiness of a chain saw. Cutoff saws work in a worse environment,
but usually don’t have trees fall on them. Aren’t dropped from trees either.
Saws get the hell beat out of them.

I think the 462 is better
I've run both side by side (462 was ported) and they ran similarly. The 500i has a different AV center point of "intention" it bends more in the middle of the saw when you reef on it, where the 462 feels more "conventionally" back closer to the handle. Power wise they were very close. Starting wise, 500i has only one control. Pretty kool.

I've run both side by side (462 was ported) and they ran similarly. The 500i has a different AV center point of "intention" it bends more in the middle of the saw when you reef on it, where the 462 feels more "conventionally" back closer to the handle. Power wise they were very close. Starting wise, 500i has only one control. Pretty kool.
Great feedback.

Great explanation for people

Great feedback.

Be interesting to see how the full wrap will handle on the 500i with the different placement as well as how it handles longer bars out here in the PNW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be interesting to see how the full wrap will handle on the 500i with the different placement as well as how it handles longer bars out here in the PNW.

Compared to Husky and Mac, Stihl has been pretty poor on long bar balance. Even the 880 is quite nose heavy with just a 36" bar on it, a 125 is neutral with the same length bar. The old 2100 Husky balanced neutral with anywhere from a 20 to 32 inch bar.

Compared to Husky and Mac, Stihl has been pretty poor on long bar balance. Even the 880 is quite nose heavy with just a 36" bar on it, a 125 is neutral with the same length bar. The old 2100 Husky balanced neutral with anywhere from a 20 to 32 inch bar.

Be interesting to see how the filter system does with our Doug Fir old growth and second growth dust. I know they tested them in Europe but it doesn’t seem like they have the dust like we get.

I paid 2,200 NZ , and the things a demon. Need to get another
Power head only?
Crazy power out of such a light feeling saw.
Where i shop 500i is 100 bucks more than a 461.
Couple guys i spoke to want one but they are on backorder at more than one dealer.

Back