Stihl 051AV fixed jet or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt93eg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I might be buying a 051AV in the next few days that I found. Its pretty dirty but should hopefully clean up nice. Seller says it has spark and good compression but thinks it needs the carb cleaned. He is asking $100 so if the cylinder and piston check out I will probably pick it up.

My question is I read somewhere and now I cannot find it that the 051 had a fixed carb. However when I look at the spec sheet on the Sluga Saw shop site it shows the 051 factory settings at 1 turn out on both screws which would indicate the H is adjustable.

Did some of these saws come with a fixed carb? Or did I just mis read what I read? Im hoping it is NOT fixed.

I got mine next to a garbage can. Put an electronic module on it and it runs great.

Well you sure can't beat that! I don't need it but I like the 041, 051, etc for some reason. Seen a few nice ones pass by I didn't have the money for, this one for $100 is pretty darn dirty but probably get it if it checks out.

I think those have a governor in the carb, so even though there are H and L adjustments, there is effectively a limit on how much you can lean out H and get more revs. I know the 075/076 have this. It can be defeated if you wish, though.

I think those have a governor in the carb, so even though there are H and L adjustments, there is effectively a limit on how much you can lean out H and get more revs. I know the 075/076 have this. It can be defeated if you wish, though.

Oh ok, good to know. Thank you.

Back