Pre Mix tests.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redbull says he'll be doing another test this summer errr, summer next year (2020) with 15 or so mix oils, not pre mixed.
That should be interesting for yet another Oil Thread.

Lots of interesting conversation in the comments there. Steel gas cans instead of plastic, lots of octane rating talk & of course ethanol talk.
The Stihl pre mix had the cleanest combustion chamber, smelled the worst & was the most money, lol

Is this the same test?

as the other thread?

:innocent:
He just put this out on Christmas. 4 new cylinders, pistons, ring sets & chains for this test. 1 set for each brand of pre mix.

Which other thread? There are a few... quite a few

Isn't there another one started about the same test?? Right now?

or am I losing my mind?

:crazy2: :cheers:
Not losing your mind. He posted his video today, I posted last night. I wonder if we could combine the posts or just remove this one as he IS the one with the video & I only shared what I stumbled on last night.

I agree on the proper use care etc. I like that he didn't say THIS IS THE MIX TO GET sort of BS. Just let the results speak for themselves & tried to keep it as even a playing field as possible. People tend to make up their own minds with education. It's a good comparison.

We only have one gas station in our area that sells E-Free gas. It's about a good 18 miles or so from where we live. If I happen to be in the area, and if I'm on my m/c, I'll stop by and fill up with it.

It's about $0.60 more per gallon than the reg. E-laced stuff. I really can't tell any difference in the performance of my bike when I'm using it. I suppose I do it for that feel good feeling. :rolleyes:

I really can't tell any difference in the performance of my bike when I'm using it. I suppose I do it for that feel good feeling. :rolleyes:
I feel the same way about filling up the Jeep in winter. Might have a tiny bit more snap in it, for a Jeep that means a lot too lol. Might just be the colder, denser air/fuel mixture. But it feels good!

I'm a big fan of Trufuel.

My brother-in-law uses that in all his 2stroke gear, says it's a night and day difference in both how it runs and how it starts. I go through too much gas to pay that price LOL

Can't get non-ethanol at the pump in this area without driving out for about an hour, unless you go to Sunoco and pay through the nose for the 5gal cans of it. They even have leaded gas in cans... I didn't think leaded was even made any more. Remember when that was a choice at the pump? "You kids these days, with your corn gas..." :laugh:

I've used TruFuel and and Stihl MotoMix. There is very very little "2-stroke" smell when it comes to using TruFuel. You can usually find TruFuel on sale at the end of summer at Lowes and Home Depot. I try to use it at the end of the season to purge the fuel system.

Back