Not so Merry Christmas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Carroll

Firewood Hack
Reaction score
Discovered on Christmas Eve day that someone had snuck into my garage while were home, took a bolt cutter to the paddle lock securing my saws and grabbed my 7300 and to add insult to injury they took my 8' cable with them. Police report filed, put a post on FB offering a reward locally. I wish I could get over it but I am just pissed. It was way to targeted to be random as that is the only item missing and my 5100 S was sitting right next to it.

Maybe it will turn up but I doubt it.

Oh I facking hate that!!! It's such a kick in the guts, disrespectful.
I came home once to the backdoor being open. At 1st I hoped they were still inside. Then I rationalized for a split second & had images of me & the cops talking & perhaps handcuffs involved. Thankfully they had left by then.
Hope it turns up for you & they get theirs in the end. (In anyway you want to turn that)

Discovered on Christmas Eve day that someone had snuck into my garage while were home, took a bolt cutter to the paddle lock securing my saws and grabbed my 7300 and to add insult to injury they took my 8' cable with them. Police report filed, put a post on FB offering a reward locally. I wish I could get over it but I am just pissed. It was way to targeted to be random as that is the only item missing and my 5100 S was sitting right next to it.

Maybe it will turn up but I doubt it.
Lousy Bass turds!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I facking hate that!!! It's such a kick in the guts, disrespectful.
I came home once to the backdoor being open. At 1st I hoped they were still inside. Then I rationalized for a split second & had images of me & the cops talking & perhaps handcuffs involved. Thankfully they had left by then.
Hope it turns up for you & they get theirs in the end. (In anyway you want to turn that)

I'm actually glad I didn't catch them in the act as I probably would have escalated things to the point that someone would have been hurt and possibly me. It's been like the wild west in my neighborhood with thefts and shots fired just a couple blocks away earlier this month. If you confront them they might be armed and I guess it is not worth dying over.

I'm actually glad I didn't catch them in the act as I probably would have escalated things to the point that someone would have been hurt and possibly me. It's been like the wild west in my neighborhood with thefts and shots fired just a couple blocks away earlier this month. If you confront them they might be armed and I guess it is not worth dying over.
You might want to bump security way up. Alarm the Garage or Cameras or both. Meth Heads you suppose? Prob stupid enough to sell local too.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that bad out there. Where I live is no picnic, Winnipeg has been "on the map" for a lot of **** & most of it isn't good, but it's not at that point where I live. Yet.
Maybe look into these lol ... and cameras to pick up the festivities.

You might want to bump security way up. Alarm the Garage or Cameras or both. Meth Heads you suppose? Prob stupid enough to sell local too.

I had a security company over today for a quote on a camera. My issue is that my wife has a home based business that people are coming and going all the time and I told her we need to ramp things up a bit.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that bad out there. Where I live is no picnic, Winnipeg has been "on the map" for a lot of **** & most of it isn't good, but it's not at that point where I live. Yet.
Maybe look into these lol ... and cameras to pick up the festivities.

That will scare the **** out of them and they will run thinking the are under fire.

That "trip alarm" is a booby trap and if you hurt someone with it, you will get sued and jailed. Just an FYI if you didn't know.

That "trip alarm" is a booby trap and if you hurt someone with it, you will get sued and jailed. Just an FYI if you didn't know.
I didn't watch the vid either, but, I think it is a dummy, camera that looks like a trip gun. I went back and watched it. Since the wife has a home based business, if a good guy got too close and tripped it, the bang scared him and he fell down, big trouble for home owner.

I didn't watch the vid either, but, I think it is a dummy, camera that looks like a trip gun.
The idea is it can be outfitted with blanks just to alert you to a perimeter breach,if anyone chooses to use a deadly load be warned man traps are illegal in all States! I recommend you stick with the intended use.

It is a trip gun and not intended for actual rounds, but for blanks. I also think just the noise alone would scare off anyone. 2 things thieves don't like are noise & light... usually.
They would be a PITA to maintain & remember where they are, not to trip them yourself or others. Hook up some fishing line to some empty cans or bottle to make noise if you don't like pyrotechnics.
It was posted more as a lighter side to a crappy happening.

The idea is it can be outfitted with blanks just to alert you to a perimeter breach,if anyone chooses to use a deadly load be warned man traps are illegal in all States! I recommend you stick with the intended use.
Yep, I went back and watched it. In this day and age, I bet if a crook jumped when it went bang, and ran into the back of your truck, and bumped his head, by the time you got out of court he would have a new saw, truck, and chipper. Just being silly, but I actually had a cop tell me, if you ever get into a situation with a gun, make sure the other guy is dead. You'll be in much more trouble if he lives.

A few years back a low life (I think it was my neighbors grandson) stole my pride and joy Homelite Super 77 Gear drive with 42" bar. Called the cops. They said I had a 50/50 chance of getting it back. Nope.

It is a trip gun and not intended for actual rounds, but for blanks. I also think just the noise alone would scare off anyone. 2 things thieves don't like are noise & light... usually.
They would be a PITA to maintain & remember where they are, not to trip them yourself or others. Hook up some fishing line to some empty cans or bottle to make noise if you don't like pyrotechnics.
It was posted more as a lighter side to a crappy happening.
You are right about the noise and light. OP put up motion det lights.

Back