• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 261 coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You shouldn't need a new coil just because of that,push the wire lead through the boot and put another lead snap (or whatever they are called)on it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’ve never heard of these.. your saying you can replace the end connector?

Oh Lordy do we have a greenhorn here???worse comes to worse you can unscrew the ign lead assembly an just cut one of another to fit if you don’t feel comfortable messing with the plug end terminal

I’ll bite back my initial response- you clearly know and have always know everything there is to know about everything. If only I could be so privileged.

no I’ve never replaced the pigtail portion of the coil.... nor the end clip. I’ve only ever had 3-4 coils ever fail.

I believe I would rather be credited an ignorant question than an arrogant answer.

Trent

This is a common failure on high hour saws , these plug ends can’t hold up to the high levels of vibration from these newer saws .no need to get upset if your not learning something new everyday your not working hard enough. Some of us do this for a living an see these problems on a daily basis , problems a hobbiest may only see one or two in their lifetime, it’s all based on the volume of saws that come across your bench the more saws you work on the more chance you have to see some off the wall stuff . No one will ever “ know it all “ as these saws are constantly changing yearly but those crazy things you come across an figure out thru the years will never be forgotten that I do know. Bitterness should not be a responce when someone is giving constructive criticism ....

This is a common failure on high hour saws , these plug ends can’t hold up to the high levels of vibration from these newer saws .no need to get upset if your not learning something new everyday your not working hard enough. Some of us do this for a living an see these problems on a daily basis , problems a hobbiest may only see one or two in their lifetime, it’s all based on the volume of saws that come across your bench the more saws you work on the more chance you have to see some off the wall stuff . No one will ever “ know it all “ as these saws are constantly changing yearly but those crazy things you come across an figure out thru the years will never be forgotten that I do know. Bitterness should not be a responce when someone is giving constructive criticism ....

whats constructive about opening up by calling somebody a greenhorn? I see your editing your comments as you go-

My question might have been ignorant- your response was arrogant.

now let’s move along.

2 sets of OEM thin rings
New set of cases
Muffler
Cylinder

If your referring to my purchasing parts from you..... you are correct and I appreciate you selling them, I didn’t realize that was helping out as I paid you fairly.

If you have something else to say I recommend you contact me via PM.

Back