ECHO chainsaw warranty five years?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, since this thread started in 2011, Isn't the warranty up yet? In all seriousness, I retired from climbing a few years ago. I had several small climbing saws that had the aluminium chain catchers bent up swinging around on my lanyard, to the point I got tired of bending them back, so I just took them off and threw them away. Do you even need a chain catcher on a saw?

Uh, since this thread started in 2011, Isn't the warranty up yet? In all seriousness, I retired from climbing a few years ago. I had several small climbing saws that had the aluminium chain catchers bent up swinging around on my lanyard, to the point I got tired of bending them back, so I just took them off and threw them away. Do you even need a chain catcher on a saw?

Appears that Wow does. The couple of one track threads have worn out. There's been an awful lot of drama over a $11 part.

So you love your 310 now but you’re done with Echo? In my opinion they are the most reliable brand available.
The cs 310 NEVER lost a chain. Never broke.
It was weak. I got fed up with it and bought a cs352. Loved that saw at first. Then the chain catcher snapped off the ONLY TIME ,,,,JUST ONE TIME,,, that the cheezy bar tossed the chain.
Echo and the dealer DON'T give a crap. You sir SEEM TO BE OFFENDED by my complaint. So IF YOU are involved either in Echo or sales I could understand your defensive posture. Good day.

Appears that Wow does. The couple of one track threads have worn out. There's been an awful lot of drama over a $11 part.
Honor has no price. I feel the cost was not money. Its the LIE.
I'M GOING TO make it my mission to warn others so they don't fall for THE LIE.
You Echo guys (if you are) can attempt to shame an Honest man for exposing a Lie but it wont work with me. I never give up. People NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT out of the laughable warranty. Good day.

Honor has no price. I feel the cost was not money. Its the LIE.
I'M GOING TO make it my mission to warn others so they don't fall for THE LIE.
You Echo guys (if you are) can attempt to shame an Honest man for exposing a Lie but it wont work with me. I never give up. People NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT out of the laughable warranty. Good day.

IMHO what your saying doesn’t make much sense, and here is why... Dealers (if done properly) don’t lose any money and they are “putting themselves out their” when they do warranty work. You put the SN in the system, usually auto fill a few blocks, put issue, work completed, notes and parts used. They reimburse for the parts value and the labor rate for the given job. The other day I warranties a guys 370 clutch cover, something happened and the band was slipping and binding, catching on the chain and stalling the saw. Now we easily could have said “sorry sucks to be you buy another” but we didn’t, I took the time and got it covered.

Not all dealers are the same and it’s not on Echo it’s on the dealer that does the work. That’s why it’s not worth saving a few bucks and going to a big box store that more likely then not won’t even register your item when you can build a relationship with a company that will have your back.

I’ve seen Echo go above and beyond for its customers, I’m sorry you had a bad experience.

IMHO what your saying doesn’t make much sense, and here is why... Dealers (if done properly) don’t lose any money and they are “putting themselves out their” when they do warranty work. You put the SN in the system, usually auto fill a few blocks, put issue, work completed, notes and parts used. They reimburse for the parts value and the labor rate for the given job. The other day I warranties a guys 370 clutch cover, something happened and the band was slipping and binding, catching on the chain and stalling the saw. Now we easily could have said “sorry sucks to be you buy another” but we didn’t, I took the time and got it covered.

Not all dealers are the same and it’s not on Echo it’s on the dealer that does the work. That’s why it’s not worth saving a few bucks and going to a big box store that more likely then not won’t even register your item when you can build a relationship with a company that will have your back.

I’ve seen Echo go above and beyond for its customers, I’m sorry you had a bad experience.
Thank you for your kind and mature reply.
Funny thing it wasn't the money. It was the way I was treated. Having been a business man I was simply shocked and surprised. Sadly, I'm seeing others who have similar experiences. However ever since I made the repair I've come to appreciate the saw. Have a great day.

Thank you for your kind and mature reply.
Funny thing it wasn't the money. It was the way I was treated. Having been a business man I was simply shocked and surprised. Sadly, I'm seeing others who have similar experiences. However ever since I made the repair I've come to appreciate the saw. Have a great day.
If you ever need anything Echo/Shindaiwa wise please don’t hesitate to let me know.

The cs 310 NEVER lost a chain. Never broke.
It was weak. I got fed up with it and bought a cs352. Loved that saw at first. Then the chain catcher snapped off the ONLY TIME ,,,,JUST ONE TIME,,, that the cheezy bar tossed the chain.
Echo and the dealer DON'T give a crap. You sir SEEM TO BE OFFENDED by my complaint. So IF YOU are involved either in Echo or sales I could understand your defensive posture. Good day.
I’m not affiliated with Echo in any way. I do motorcycle and small engine work in my shop as a “hobby business” and also own several Echo saws and other Echo tools. In my experience, Echo has the best reliability, parts availability, ease of maintenance, and performance per dollar of every brand I’ve worked on or owned.

The reality is that chainsaws take a beating even if used and maintained properly. If you think your Echo let you down because you broke the chain catcher then you should try another brand. You would probably develop a new respect for Echo.

No offense meant and just my 2 cents but if you’re hoping to convince Echo owners that there is a better option I don’t see it happening.

I just removed the limiter caps and custom tuned a Stihl MS-660 Magnum that came in here for repairs. I'm not the first bit worried about a Warranty, it's far more important to give these engines the fuel they need to run correctly so you don't smoke the P/C.

This new fuel requires more of it, and we're finding out that a lot of power equipment that's been out there a few years responds very well to a slight recalibration.

Case in point. Just took in a Honda 2500 generator that wouldn't stay running. The owner bought it new about 15 years ago after a storm took out the power, ran it couple of times, put Stabil in it and tucked it away. The only thing wrong with it was the fuel had lost enough octane it wouldn't burn. Yes, dumped the tank in the gravel driveway and had trouble lighting it with a torch.

I put good fuel in it, fired right up, but "hunting" horrible at no-load and at full load voltage dropped to about 90 volts. The owner (he's a legend in his own mind) advised me that the engine "hunts" but it "fine under load" and did not need any adjustments.

He was wrong about that deal so we removed the carburetor and started opening up the main jet in .001" increments, put it back on and load tested it. .001" helped slightly but we could still engage the choke and smooth it out and not see a big voltage drop at full load.

Went up another .001" and it got even better, but still hunting some at no load and dropping to about 100 volts at full load.

Went up another .001" and it was FLAWLESS. Setting the governor at 120 volts it would pull 2500 watts and still hold 115volts at full load. It hunted slightly when cold then smoothed out when fully warmed up, so basically a perfect carb setting.

I see the EXACT same thing with these chain saws, leaf blowers, string trimmers, etc. They respond very well to custom tuning on this new fuel so we remove the limiter caps from every single one we work on here and tune them before giving them back to the customer. The only problem with this is that some of the "low end" stuff has fixed jet carburetors, and many others require "special" tools which can be purchased for about $10 on line to make carburetor adjustments. Before I sit down I'll add here that I haven't seen a single piece of power equipment in at least 10 years that was spot-on right out of the box for A/F ratios and ran like it should have without making these adjustments.......Cliff
I like the way you think.
I wish you were my neighbor. I'd like to learn how to modify jets by 0.001 increments. I have an ohv Briggs on MT log splitter, that "hunts" when not under load.

Not in relation to Wow's issues, I do feel his pain. I'm a die hard Homelite guy, and I cried for 20 years after they bit the grit. I just hadn't joined AS yet, so you didn't get to hear me. Of the Echo's that I still have, a cs500, 602, 650, 750 and my little 305, I loved that 305 as my climbing saw, the only issue was the electronic ignition on the models that had it. On the 305, the little anti vibe block at the back of the handle broke, after years of swinging on my belt, and my safety lanyard would slip threw. I needed a saw that minute and the dealer didn't have that part in stock. The new version of my 305 was around $300. So, I walked down to the Southern States and they had the MS170 on sale for $159, so I bought it. It didn't turn me into a Stihl guy, I only have 3 of them, the 170, 290, and 660, all bought new with no complaints. I still recommend Echos to home owner friends. Although with the fuels issues, I've been telling friends to try the new battery saws if they have the bucks for one.

I like the way you think.
I wish you were my neighbor. I'd like to learn how to modify jets by 0.001 increments. I have an ohv Briggs on MT log splitter, that "hunts" when not under load.
Not sure if he was boring Jets or adjusting the float/main level buy .001”.

Back