Stihl ms 500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So every single YouTube video I've seen that compares the 500 with the 461 or 462, the 500 is it slower cutter that either the other two. What does anybody know about that?

That is because the 500i has been recalled at the moment.
I did wonder if backorder was code for recall.

Maybe hotness issues?, got mine to smoke from in the guts somewhere noticed it rising outta pullstart side when refuelling.
Did mention it to the dealer, he didnt offer up much other than maybe it was sawdust crud cooking.

I did wonder if backorder was code for recall.

Maybe hotness issues?, got mine to smoke from in the guts somewhere noticed it rising outta pullstart side when refuelling.
Did mention it to the dealer, he didnt offer up much other than maybe it was sawdust crud cooking.
I read somewhere on here (I think) that it was a fuel line problem. Crack and then leak. The exact line they are changing is unknown to me. I own a 500i as well. Very pleased with it.

I read somewhere on here (I think) that it was a fuel line problem. Crack and then leak. The exact line they are changing is unknown to me. I own a 500i as well. Very pleased with it.
I'll keep an eye on that.
Im pretty happy with it so far, will it last? im not so sure time will tell.

They are too thirsty so probably not selling like they hoped, or they would put the price up.
Locally Stihl is adverting that "Only Stihl dealers sell Stihl's" not home depot or lowes, so look for a Stihl dealer. They're perception of sales slippage may have them going that way.

Locally Stihl is adverting that "Only Stihl dealers sell Stihl's" not home depot or lowes, so look for a Stihl dealer. They're perception of sales slippage may have them going that way.
I fail to see how they can think that their sales are slipping. Hell, they cannot even keep the dealers supplied with pro saws.

That all sounds good, however Ace Hardware stores sells new Stihl saws. I don't know that all of the Ace Hardware stores selling these saws have a proper service dept. though

That all sounds good, however Ace Hardware stores sells new Stihl saws. I don't know that all of the Ace Hardware stores selling these saws have a proper service dept. though

The Ace HW in Missoula sends the saws out to a small engine repair shop. Years ago I'm pretty sure one of the two Ace HW did in store repairs. They sell a !it of Stihls.

Latest posts

Back