Husky 562?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret4207

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Friend just bought a new Husky 562. He claims it's a pro saw. I was looking at it and it has a freakin' primer bulb on it like a Walmart Poulan! I find it hard to believe Husky has sunk to using a primer and that they sell a pro saw for $600.00. I looked at their site and it looks like it's a high end "ranch and farm/low end pro" saw. I can't believe Husky is using a primer bulb! I must be getting really old...

I prefer a purge/primer bulb as it often cuts down on the tedious number of pulls it takes to start my saws that don't have it.

As others have suggested, the 562xp is THE mid range 60cc beast of a modern pro saw! Only saw I might prefer is the much pricier 70cc 462 c-m.

Open the muffler up and shield the carb against excess heat and you have a sweet singing Maserati that rips!

:cool:

Friend just bought a new Husky 562. He claims it's a pro saw. I was looking at it and it has a freakin' primer bulb on it like a Walmart Poulan! I find it hard to believe Husky has sunk to using a primer and that they sell a pro saw for $600.00. I looked at their site and it looks like it's a high end "ranch and farm/low end pro" saw. I can't believe Husky is using a primer bulb! I must be getting really old...
Glad your friend purchased a nice pro saw.

Exactly. It merely pulls fresh fuel through the carb pump and back into the tank. Makes starting much quicker after it's sat for a while or refueling after running out.

Why do you think it makes it a Walmart saw?

I didn't say it was a Walmart saw. What I don't understand is why they need a primer, or purge, bulb. They went out in the late 60's when Tillotson started becoming THE carb. A properly functioning HS Tilly shouldn't have needed more than 3 or 4 pulls to start. Ever since Husky bought the Poulan line I've seen more and more Poulan in their lower end saws. Don't get me wrong, older Poulans are fine saws. I own a few, but they didn't need primer bulbs either. I sold a lot of 266/181/2100's back in the 80's and knew Husky then as a really pro saw. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why the "purge" bulb is needed? Some odd EPA idea maybe? I can't see them holding up any longer in the woods than they do on a weed whacker or Walmart Poulan.

And yes, I am ignorant which is why I'm asking the question.

I bought a new 346xp in 2011 that has a purge bulb. Didn't like the idea & planed to delete it. Then got to using it & decided it wasn't so bad, then had it ported. Have used the crap out of that saw with no issues. Bought a 562xp 2012 with that damn bulb, 8 years later & no issues at all.

I guess these pro bulbs are just better than Wal-Mart bulbs?o_O

Latest posts

Back