Not so Merry Christmas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steal your meme.JPG View attachment 783159 View attachment 783159
79108795_2682778475304353_7540551473155801088_n.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

Was able to find a suitable replacement on CL from a local seller that bought this saw in August to finish a fencing job when his Stihl 441 took a dump and he needed to finish a job for his customer. His dealer was able to get his 441 running again(needed a coil) and he also dairy farms and is in need of hay and some cash. He said he hated to sell it but it's hard to justify tying money up in two saws with 7 kids and try to run two businesses. He was asking $600 and people were low balling him and I figured that I would just pay him his asking price to support one of our local family farms. Looks like the wear on the bar you see is all the hours on the saw. My 28" milling bar that the thieves did not walk off with should fit on this saw and work for my light milling applications and the 20" that is on it makes the most sense for my firewood duties. Got the chain sharp and will put her in some wood later today.

I don’t lock any of my outbuildings or my house. Keys to all my vehicles are in the ignitions. I have so much stuff, I honestly don’t think I would notice if someone actually entered and took something. Out here on the coast, you can could pretty much furnish a home with what people put out to the curb on trash/recycle day. Meth/pot heads are far too lazy to actually steal something. It would be too much like work.

Bummer on your saw….they make more…and some are better!

Try that in the southeast...you will change your mind haha.

I feel for those of yall that cant defend your home due to dumb laws.. Alabama is a stand your ground state. Its not illegal to defend your home or property here even if it results in a body.. Some people think we are stupid and slow to change but i pride our values.

You have to catch them first and they were in and out before we had any idea. I'm still angry over it but I have accepted it and am trying to move on. In this case I don't think it is meth heads (There is a problem with them stealing whatever they can get their hands on in our community). I think it someone who had been over and knew it was there and came back for it as there was a lot of other things of value in my garage that would have been easier to walk off with. If I would have caught them in the act I'm sure I would have given them a what for (6'3" 260 lbs) wielding my Fiskars x-27 or my Benelli. Here is a picture of my stolen saw, I will miss her but got to move on

ATTAll]787790[/ATTACH] CH[=fu

Attachments

• IMG00294-20110110-1847.jpg
    IMG00294-20110110-1847.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 25
One of my good friends, a logger, was grabbing a quick sandwich for lunch at a fast food restaurant. He was in there for at most 12 minutes, for he is a notorious fast eater. When he returned to his pickup truck, his new Stihl MS661 with a 36" bar and chain on board was gone. Thieves took it from the truck bed that quick. The parking lot had no cameras and there were no witnesses.

Do you have a dog? The first alarm is a dog. Let the dog have them. My 145 lb f emale rottie could hear a pin drop. When she barked the walls shake in the house. When she barked my crazy black lab would back her up.

in the future To identify your saws if you find it I put the last four digits of my social security number backwards on the bottom of the saw. My hand tools have my whole social security number backwards.

Do you have a dog? The first alarm is a dog. Let the dog have them. My 145 lb female rottie could hear a pin drop. When she barked the walls shake in the house. When she barked my crazy black lab would back her up.
My friend wished that he had his dog, a German shepherd, with him in his pickup truck. My late female flat-coated retriever, Lady, was also a fabulous watch dog.

No one could go near my misses with the rottie and crazy lab.

With six adopted cats they play at night. When I hear a noise I wait a second and see if the dog barks. No bark it’s the cats playing, when the dog barks my bedroom is the safe room the cats run in and jump on my bed. Then I know something is going on. It’s the local bear or another animal most of the time,

Do you have a dog? The first alarm is a dog. Let the dog have them. My 145 lb f emale rottie could hear a pin drop. When she barked the walls shake in the house. When she barked my crazy black lab would back her up.

Unfortunately we are unable to have a dog with my wife's in home business (daycare) and the dog would have to be kenneled from 7 am to 6 pm with people coming and going all day. It would not be fair to the dog and we did have a small dog bite my cousin in our home one time (not the dogs fault he is an idiot) that ended in a large insurance settlement. I just don't think our homeowners policy would allow it anymore. It is a security nightmare for us and I have taken some extra measures but at the end of the day if someone wants something bad enough they are going to get it.

My rottie was a sweet heart never seen the ivory’s till my yellow lab wanted to play and she didn’t. The second time was a stranger approached my misses. He backed up quickly. At 145 lbs she was intimidating.

No she wasn’t fat, she was all muscle, playing with her she could jump 4’ in the air.
Her brothers were 175/200 lbs.

OP, sorry to hear of your issues. I hope they catch the bastard.

I am lucky that we are in a pretty good area but crap can always happen. We have had a few people in our yard that have made off before we could question their motives.

Oh yea.. me and Nickleback.

Pay for storage is a huge business around here. At $500 shekels a month, what you are storing is just not worth keeping. Seriously, getting rid of stuff here is becoming a real problem here. Nobody wants it, from the Salvation Army to the church groups. You can only put out so much to municipal trash or on the street. Soon, you will need to pay someone to take it. Theft? They would be doing you a favor!

Is a stupid chainsaw, not a car. Nobody cares. It is not worth their time. Go to the store, buy another, store it properly. Lesson learned.

Getting a new 3 saw lineup, in this instance I’m using Husqvarna because I know it off of the top of my head, isn’t cheap. A new 445 is $3-400, a 372 was about $1000, and a 395 is about $1500. Throw in sales tax and you’re easily at $3000. I know the OP only lost one saw, but losing saws isn’t cheap.

Back