Do NOT buy Joncutter bars!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss marked or miss sized bar? Maybe they allow for heat expansion with the .058” chain running in a .067” groove? Lol at .009” clearance a hair on our head is between .0025” to .0035” thickness?
At huztl the chain loops are $6 3/8”/84 dl, and the bar and chain combo was under $15?

Pics of I.D on bar? You have high quality bars that have 003" clearance which your happy with but would reject 004" :rolleyes:. Well my advice would be to pay for good quality & stop buying your bars from Hutzl which is no surprise come from PRC. But you still haven't put up ID pics, your telling people NOT to buy a certain product, is it unreasonable to provide proof to back it up. I still think you have an 063 bar that is well within tolerance @067"....prove me WRONG.

CR888 reread the quote. I said I had a WELL USED bar that had .003 clearance, and would not accept a new one with more. And you clearly missed the picture I posted with the bar information on it, the proof is there, you are wrong. Unless you now claim it is a labeling error.... In which case I still have a useless set of mismatched bars and chains.
I posted this originally to warn people away from these bars and learn at the expense of some one else. Not all items from Huztl are junk, and we should all warn people away from the stuff that we find out are. And that goes for all manufactures, not just the Chinese ones.

More and more stuff is manufactured in China. We must remember japan had quality problems at first.

Yeah, but the Japanese got the idea that quality was important, and worked at improving. Most of the Chinese engineers seem to think we just want everything cheaper and cheaper.

I see now the image you posted but when I 'quoted' your post it was not there you can see on previous page. So my presumption was WRONG, you were right. I think the factory has incorrectly stamped bar as an 058 or they are so shoddy that they use the same blank for both 058 & 063. You deserve a full refund from Hutzl, you did not get what you paid for. The generic broken english response they gave you is the pits and would frustrate you no doubt. I suggest leaving bad feedback & or disputing the sale with Paypal as you did not receive an item of 'merchantable quality' that is neither 'fit for purpose'. My sincere apologies if I added frustration to your bad-bar situation.

Sadly cheaper and cheaper is all most people do want.

Sadly indeed. This is why places like Harbor Frieght and Northern Tool are getting so big. The percentage of tool buyers who are ignorant of what quality means is getting larger and larger. Companies see this and produce what the consumer is buying. The consumer is buying junk, so they produce junk.

They can make a good product when they want to, but yes too often there is no pride in workmanship.
Yep , there are numerous offshore manufactured gen sets that meet or exceed North American spec,s . I have purchased a few as back up to my previous Honda and Yamaha units . The Chinaclones were feed the same 20-50 syn oils and are still running fine after 10-12 yrs . However having said that , have purchased cheap offshore tool sets for snowmobile & quad tool boxs that barely survive a few usages , junk !

More and more stuff is manufactured in China. We must remember japan had quality problems at first.
Japan was entirely different actually.
They had no factories. They started from scratch making very simple things.
They had to make crap because they had no machines to do it.
China puts a CNC on a dirt floor and makes crap. Yes. It would as done.
Japan quickly changed.

After the war China had less destruction than Japan.

And Japan started spanking our butts in motorcycles in the 60s.

They were winning Formula 1 races in the 60s!!!!!

And China is STILL making crap. Unless YOU QC the product in the Factory.....you are screwed.

Can you imagine a Chinese Formula 1 car.......

Japan is a society obsessed with quality. They want the best and will pay for it. They also are generally ashamed to be associated with inferior merchandise.

China does not even remotely have this same attitude.

Japan is a society obsessed with quality. They want the best and will pay for it. They also are generally ashamed to be associated with inferior merchandise.

China does not even remotely have this same attitude.
Exactly.
MacIntosh makes some amazing stereo equipment......their top stuff is crazy good......no you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.

But if the Japanese buy the vintage MacIntosh equipment it must be to spec. No Japanese parts. EXACTLY as it should be.

China......ahhhh......no

Exactly.
MacIntosh makes some amazing stereo equipment......their top stuff is crazy good......no you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.

But if the Japanese buy the vintage MacIntosh equipment it must be to spec. No Japanese parts. EXACTLY as it should be.

China......ahhhh......no

One of the things you always hear about Japanese products is that they used to be of low quality, personally however, I have never found that to be true. Whenever I have encountered vintage Japanese products I have found them to be manufactured to a decent level of quality. They might not necessarily have been the very best, but they were made well enough to do the job properly and to last reasonably long.

I don’t see that with Chinese products. Often they are a very good value when you consider the materials used and the price, but it seems quality is always a crap shoot. Brand new products that simply don’t work or were manufactured to abysmal tolerances are all too common.

One of the things you always hear about Japanese products is that they used to be of low quality, personally however, I have never found that to be true. Whenever I have encountered vintage Japanese products I have found them to be manufactured to a decent level of quality. They might not necessarily have been the very best, but they were made well enough to do the job properly and to last reasonably long.

I don’t see that with Chinese products. Often they are a very good value when you consider the materials used and the price, but it seems quality is always a crap shoot. Brand new products that simply don’t work or were manufactured to abysmal tolerances are all too common.
And NO shame for a crappy product.........
I remember John Belushi as Samuri dry cleaner with Buck Henry when a spot didn’t come out and he thought his mother had made the mistake.

And yes the toys may have been chincy......but they were very cheap toys.

But those that have survived 70 years later still work and are well made and very collectible.

NO ONE is going to collect Chinese chainsaw bars.....Evah!!!!!

Winning Formula 1 only 20 years after totally getting pounded into the dirt.

The US hadn’t done it........and 50 years after they won their first we have only done it once.

Although I did succumb to temptation and bought a 660 and 070 clone, I never felt tempted to buy one of their bars. I got the 660 for a little over $200 and the 070 for just over $300 on their Black Friday sales. Both prices included shipping. Even considering the dubious quality of Chinese saws, those prices were low enough to get me to buy.

Their bars on the other hand typically have very high shipping costs and once you factor those in they aren’t much cheaper than a reputable brand like Forester. Also considering that I can put a high quality bar like a Tsumura on a Chinese clone saw and then switch it to my Stihl if the Holzfforma craps out, I couldn’t see any point in buying their bars. Instead, I bought nice bars for my Stihl saws and put the older, more worn bars on the Chinese saws.

Sadly indeed. This is why places like Harbor Frieght and Northern Tool are getting so big. The percentage of tool buyers who are ignorant of what quality means is getting larger and larger. Companies see this and produce what the consumer is buying. The consumer is buying junk, so they produce junk.
Then these HB and NT items get listed for sale as top quality stuff from the same "NONOTS" (Knotheads) because they are seen in so much..... and the deception grows.....

Sadly some people are still ignorant of the fact HF is actually trying to move to a higher quality line of tool as well as their cheap stuff. I bought their Doyle line of screwdrivers and pliers and they are great tools. But some will never acknowledge this since they have never tried these tools. Do I own top of the line tools? yes but I also actually took the time to try other stuff before condemning it. I guess it's hard to see or acknowledge stuff when you are looking down your nose at things while sitting on your high horse.

Did china rip off design? yes. Does Japan? you better know it. Get into one of their auto plants and you will see them pull in new US made vehicles and tear it apart and measure every last piece of it. I would be willing to bet the US auto industry does the same thing.

I make my living with my tools. I buy the best. I keep track of them and take care of them. They last me a very long time.

Back