What else are you working on today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good evening all, and I hope your Christmas was good. I'm working on a Poulan Pro 375 today which is in the Counter Vibe 3400-4000 series of saws. Slowly and surely she's coming together. I'm also working on a used "new to me" WARN XD9000i winch. I have an M12000 on my K5 Blazer, and I'm planning on putting this on another truck eventually. This is the first winch I've gone through, and so far I'm having fun with a reasonable price point.

So, what else are you working on this weekend besides chainsaws? Cars, trucks, motorcycles, large/small equipment? I have some time off so I'm trying to rest AND get some fun things done for a change! Best, and have a safe and Happy New Year! Max.

Today I Cleaned the chimney, wood stove, gutters (warm weather this week), filled the wood bin on the porch, cut up some of them square trees to 16” lengths.

But now im working on a sandwich right this minute. Then ill work on another sandwich. Then work on my horizontal chainsaw impressions [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

This week i plan to split as much of the oak i have left as i can to finish my 5th wood pile.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Took the 6R and pushed off some silty clay from an access road that had turned to slop underneath with a slick top layer, then ditched in the low side of the road with a cute little Link-Belt 145 being sure to leave a lip to catch the rock that’s being delivered so it doesn’t wash into the ditch.

The weather is about to turn on us here probably for a month and a half with freezing cold and when it’s not too cold it usually rains, just trying to avoid my access becoming an ice racetrack. My guys aren’t Tanner Foust or Kimi Raikkonen, and a Kenworth or F-250 definitely behaves differently than a rally car with studs.

Today i built a shelf for the storage room. Nothing fancy just out of scrap lumber i had arpund. 4' w by 2' deep and 6' tall.
Befor that i cleaned my spare room (my junk room / man cave) i have a lot of stuff i dont use. Need to have a yard sale this year.

The other day shot the pellet guns with the boy and his friend.

And tomorrow the boy turns 16 so gonna take him for his beginners driving licence.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Took the 6R and pushed off some silty clay from an access road that had turned to slop underneath with a slick top layer, then ditched in the low side of the road with a cute little Link-Belt 145 being sure to leave a lip to catch the rock that’s being delivered so it doesn’t wash into the ditch.

The weather is about to turn on us here probably for a month and a half with freezing cold and when it’s not too cold it usually rains, just trying to avoid my access becoming an ice racetrack. My guys aren’t Tanner Foust or Kimi Raikkonen, and a Kenworth or F-250 definitely behaves differently than a rally car with studs.

2 thing i wat to drive before i die.

Rally car on a rally track

And if i dont die from that...

A trophy truck

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I’m designing my diy bar shop machine. Ordering parts, discs, sander.
Thinking about a room for sharpening saw chain and bar maintenance.

Thinking about buying a 105 cc Stihl clone for milling.

I picked up a stg44 clone in full auto select fire BB gun. tree rats beaware.

Bought new trailer tires for the firewood trailer, went to change the and decided to check the wheel bearings. Ended up changing both inboard bearings, races and seals. Last summer my buddy and I went in on a tire machine. He has to make sure I don't screw it up.

Good evening all, and I hope your Christmas was good. I'm working on a Poulan Pro 375 today which is in the Counter Vibe 3400-4000 series of saws. Slowly and surely she's coming together. I'm also working on a used "new to me" WARN XD9000i winch. I have an M12000 on my K5 Blazer, and I'm planning on putting this on another truck eventually. This is the first winch I've gone through, and so far I'm having fun with a reasonable price point.

So, what else are you working on this weekend besides chainsaws? Cars, trucks, motorcycles, large/small equipment? I have some time off so I'm trying to rest AND get some fun things done for a change! Best, and have a safe and Happy New Year! Max.

I respooled an xd9000i this morning.

The plan was to disconnect and move up to the next anchor point for our dock when the cable came loose. Reconnect the cable to the winch and then anchor, 90% of the job being done from the deck of a pontoon boat and working by myself. I spent the rest of the day setting up a multi boom chemical sprayer and can't wait to try it out!

workin on watching it rain...looks like we are in for some gross weather, switching to snow. should have 6” of slush by tomorrow morning...
also, i wouldnt consider a pp375 to be anything at all like the countervibes. totally different chassis, intake and cylinder arrangement. more of a jonsered than anything else. great saws to be sure.

Ordered parts for my diy bar shop machine there starting to arrive. Looks like a good plan.
The 5” wide x 24” long x 1/2” aluminum plate is the base support for the bar. The 7” x 1/16” x 7/8” cutoff disc will be in a metabo 7” hand grinder mounter offset to the 5” x 24” plate.

Broken control arm bolt and two passenger side shock assemblies with no driver side, and now an inch or two of ice on the ground. Yay!

Happy New Year
Looks like I’ll be getting at this stuff next year

Bruce

Attachments

• 8F221AB7-A33E-4E92-9F40-6499BFF5F9D7.jpeg
    8F221AB7-A33E-4E92-9F40-6499BFF5F9D7.jpeg
    889.1 KB · Views: 7
  • F5F01C7E-3F52-4476-98EA-BFAAC79645E6.jpeg
    F5F01C7E-3F52-4476-98EA-BFAAC79645E6.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 2D3A2CD2-9AE8-4542-BF9C-A30AA1F06C38.jpeg
    2D3A2CD2-9AE8-4542-BF9C-A30AA1F06C38.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Woke up early this morning. Worked on a pot of coffee first.

Went outside and lit a fire in the shop.

Fired up my gehl 5635sx and cleared snow.

Then I did some work on a 1983 yamaha yz490 that I'm rebuilding.

Did some work on a Stevens 520 riot gun.

Then I sharpened my axe.

Then I rebuilt a stihl ms 200t.

Then it was only noon.

Had a good day today.

Homelite Pro ut10519 (46cc plastic saw // 18" bar) Got it with a literal pickup truck load of 2-stroke stuff someone was unloading in a fire-sale. Physically in very good shape. Near everything I got from there had the air filter missing. :eek:

Looked like someone straight gassed this saw though - piston was scored all to hell on one side, enough that the ring was stuck in there. Cylinder was actually not too bad. Got a short block on ebay for like $23 I think a few months back and it's been waiting on me... Got'r back together and it fired up with throttle, but wouldn't really idle. Strangely, I couldn't get the low lean enough, but anything above idle would run fine. It would almost idle with the low in ALL the way.

Took that stupid (ruixing) carb apart like 100 times fiddling with the metering lever, double checking the needle (new) verifying assembly order, etc. etc. Finally I blew some wd-40 through the low needle hole and noticed it bubbling out the welch plug! One of the those odd long, narrow "plugs". I've got a few of those left over from other kits, so I was able to pop off the old and tap a new one in. It's a miracle! Starts easy and idles quite well now. Will tune'r tomorrow in some ash.

Second time I've seen this... First time was on an SDC in a 10-10. Must've had that thing apart a million fkn times and then one day, the welch plug pretty much fell out on the bench! LOL Runs great now after I jammed a new one in there. Stupid welch plugs!

Other project is a old 70's Gilson snow blower. Running well now, just needs some touch up work to get it ready for snow. Grease the zerk fittings, new poly sleds instead of steel, install a deadman/kill because yeah, if you slip and let go, that bad boy is gonna keep on rollin'. Cats, dogs, little kids... they're all gettin' sucked up if that beast takes off :crazy2:

Don’t forget to spray the blowers insides with PAM cooking spray so the snow can’t freeze to the metal.

I’m a borderline hoarder. I need to sort out stuff to sell. That’s my task today. Too many projects started.

Latest posts

Back