Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brett... Brett... Brett.. Ahh he's so nice...

Bull sheet! Brett's a dink. :)

Merry Christmas Chipper :)

Hay Chipper,

This unusually warm weather is waking up them pesky bug eh...[emoji6]
[emoji3595][emoji3595][emoji3595][emoji16]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

U&A knee that but didn’t think of it. They make a good machine for the coin

They make a fine tractor for sure. And as most know they’ve been making implements and engines for other manufacturers (like JD) for a very long time.

Hey fellas, just a heads up. Been way warm here for a couple weeks. To wet to cut wood but been trappin. 63, to mid 50's . tough on the yote trappin. Anyway I picked up a tick on my right calf trappin in the woods around Christmas eve. well, got the bullseye this morning, he gave me lyme for Christmas. So be aware fellas, lotta to warm weather out there this year. And started antibiotics this evening.

Hey fellas, just a heads up. Been way warm here for a couple weeks. To wet to cut wood but been trappin. 63, to mid 50's . tough on the yote trappin. Anyway I picked up a tick on my right calf trappin in the woods around Christmas eve. well, got the bullseye this morning, he gave me lyme for Christmas. So be aware fellas, lotta to warm weather out there this year. And started antibiotics this evening.

Dang man!

That suck! Is it wearing you out? I heard that is some bad stuff to get.

Lots of busy work today.

Plowed for a couple of hours and got stuck once. Probably could have shoveled out but had my wife pull me out with the suburban. Then a bunch of stuff around the house; fix some door knobs, replace burned out lights, wash light fixtures and so on. We got about 6” of dry but dense snow last night and are expected to receive another 7 inches or so overnight. Only problem is it’s 31 degrees so we are skirting the point of snow versus rain. I hope for snow.

Southern and central MN was pummeled with ice storms yesterday. I’ll happily take snow!

Not yet, just got the bullseye this morning, went to bed it was fine, woke up it was loud n proud. Hope catching it early will spare me some agony.
I worked with a batch of surveyors that are always in the brush and getting ticks. The one guy told me the key is to take a dose of the antibiotics before you head out, and you never get it. His sister was a nurse or something and could write prescriptions of the antibiotics for him. He told me he had been bitten dozens of times, had the bullseye, and never got Lymes.

I go out in Cabelas' bug skins or Rhinoskin to keep them off me...I'm allergic to chiggers/redbugs, and that's the only thing that keeps me sane in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They say if you remove the tick within 24 hours you will not get it … I just think I've been lucky. I've removed several of them, but have never come down with anything.

If you are bit, they used to give you some antibiotic as a preventative, but they don't do it anymore. Too many antibiotics have other negative effects.

If you make your illness resistant to antibiotics w/o getting rid of it, you are in real trouble.

My plow crapped out when I got to town. I can hear the solenoid clicking so the remote is at least making it to there. Bugger is it is down and I need to lift it to get home. Ironically I have a friend stopping by work shortly who is a retired electrician and also works on cars so maybe we can figure it out together.

All I got done was swapping out some light bulbs to LED's. Yard light needs changing but probably wait for a dry day for that.

Light snow here should stop around 3am-ish. Had us in the 1-4" totals last I saw. Got close to 2" for sure. Temps started out above freezing but dropping slowly. Looks like New Years day will be our best shot at a dry day for awhile.

img20191230_124550.jpg

Back