Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well..bugger it. Changed oil in the splitter yesterday, running fine, did my two loads of big rounds. This morning fired it up, split half a load of rounds and motor slowed way down smoking badly. Shut it down. Now WTF?. Close examination showed that some A-hole had left the dipstick out of the hole and motor now froze up.

Off to North 40 or Home Depot in the morning for a new splitter. Not much more than the cost of a new motor and shop time to install it and I need it NOW.

Good luck brother, ticks are the freaking worst!

They say if you remove the tick within 24 hours you will not get it … I just think I've been lucky. I've removed several of them, but have never come down with anything.

If you are bit, they used to give you some antibiotic as a preventative, but they don't do it anymore. Too many antibiotics have other negative effects.

If you make your illness resistant to antibiotics w/o getting rid of it, you are in real trouble.
I treat my clothes with permethrin.

I’m in the woods/fields a lot and haven’t had lymes, yet, and it’s pretty bad here in NJ.

https://sawyer.com/products/permethrin-insect-repellent-treatment/

I thought you already had a job … and a tractor?

I have a great job, pay wise anyways, but my tractor has no front bucket and no winch. Thinking about getting a winch that slides into the hitch receiver and some cable, but then hell for a couple more bucks..... could have a toy to get all the wood I and Kent will ever need and can use it to open the trails all up at the cabin

Harry, let it cool down and try it again. See if you can spin if backwards by hand at least a little. Sometime you get lucky and it's only a light seize. You got nothing to lose.

I'll give it a try but I seriously doubt it. It was really smoking and hot, barely able to keep going on wide open govenor.

Back