Echo top handle id

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently put a add on Craigslist for buying basket case, ugly or unwanted saws because like everyone else becoming a member on AB has done weird things to my head making me believe I need as many saws as I can get my hands on. I had a couple good deals so far in a week but then a guy sent me these pics and said he wants 70 for both. Can anyone I’d the top handle echo. The husquavarna is a 440 I think. I’m most likely gonna but them but was just curious. Thanks

AB8C9F51-0FB7-4C08-9B11-94FEA8B277E8.jpeg EEA9CD61-F938-4315-BEA3-8DF14FA13393.jpeg 0705DA26-D935-4B3B-AAEE-47372736F3B9.jpeg C3272FE8-F887-4D92-92B2-86B5BE4913DD.jpeg

CS-300, CS-3000, CS-301, CS-302, etc. I have one here but never use it, just loan it out to my neighbors when they have a small limb come down in their yard.

Those are small reed-valve engines, not overly powerful but pretty well made. I've owned half a dozen of them over the years but don't keep them long, the later piston ported models are much better........Cliff

Ar
CS-300, CS-3000, CS-301, CS-302, etc. I have one here but never use it, just loan it out to my neighbors when they have a small limb come down in their yard.

Those are small reed-valve engines, not overly powerful but pretty well made. I've owned half a dozen of them over the years but don't keep them long, the later piston ported models are much better........Cliff
Are they a pita to work on. They both run but I’m sure I’ll have to do something to it. Never delt with echo top handles

They are sort of a PITA due to the carb location and fuel line and throttle linkage routing. I've had to do very little to any of the ones I've had beyond fuel lines, carb kits, and occasionally putting a clutch on them.....Cliff

I recently put a add on Craigslist for buying basket case, ugly or unwanted saws because like everyone else becoming a member on AB has done weird things to my head making me believe I need as many saws as I can get my hands on. I had a couple good deals so far in a week but then a guy sent me these pics and said he wants 70 for both. Can anyone I’d the top handle echo. The husquavarna is a 440 I think. I’m most likely gonna but them but was just curious. Thanks

View attachment 783850 View attachment 783851 View attachment 783852 View attachment 783853
Looks a lot like my Echo CS-3400, which is also about the same as a CS-340. It runs very well today. Note how nice and strong the belt clip loop is. If I were you, I'd clean it up and keep it.

Looks a lot like my Echo CS-3400, which is also about the same as a CS-340. It runs very well today. Note how nice and strong the belt clip loop is. If I were you, I'd clean it up and keep it.
I kindove planned on keeping the echo and selling the husky and getting my money back and then a little. I have to many saws that size as it is

They are sort of a PITA due to the carb location and fuel line and throttle linkage routing. I've had to do very little to any of the ones I've had beyond fuel lines, carb kits, and occasionally putting a clutch on them.....Cliff
Yep, front mounted carbs seems stupid as it's right where the chips go and they are a pain to work on.

I’ve got CS 3000 and a CS301. Both were not running when I bought them. Rebuilt the carbs and new lines and they’ve been very reliable. 12” bar on one and 14” on the other. Not the most powerful saws ever made but they do fine and pull the small chains with authority. They’ve been very handy to have around. I have no idea what the difference is between the two models.
3AD20DC4-5C6C-4AC2-9148-96709EC2F7D0.jpeg 4CF6C5F9-ED46-4B9A-8AA8-90D23AF7074F.jpeg EDC77B0F-DCFE-4D05-9A5F-23C637212405.jpeg

Finally got them home it’s a Cs 3400 Dumped has in it and it fired up second pull. Problem is if you give it a real quick snap of the throttle is dies instantly. Tried tuning but didn’t make much of a difference if I rev it up slow or a series of quick jerks or runs like a top. Anyone know what the compression should be on these. I think it’s a little low. Came in at 100 psi which might be part of my problem also

Try opening up the low-speed carb set screw on the CS-3400 about quarter turn. No decomp valve, so figure about 130 psi compression. Mine has been running that way for years. Good Luck!
I got a little better reaction time by opening the low speed but sometimes it still dies when u open her up. I changed the filter. I guess tomorrow night I’ll take the carb off and take a look. Probaly will order a set of rings and crank seals for it at some point and freshen it up. Anything else I should change while I’m in there

I have never had to rebuild mine that far. I may have dropped in a new carb five years ago. I replaced the fuel lines and the fuel filter when I did that. These saws are really not that tough to work on. Several have showed up in my shop. Their owners, usually professional climbers, love them. As you already found out, the bar nuts take a 10 mm wrench, which is smaller than normal but available.

You might want to replace the primer bulb. They crack or crumble with age and if any crack exists, the carb gets confused. About half of my repairs are related to that alone.

I have never had to rebuild mine that far. I may have dropped in a new carb five years ago. I replaced the fuel lines and the fuel filter when I did that. These saws are really not that tough to work on. Several have showed up in my shop. Their owners, usually professional climbers, love them. As you already found out, the bar nuts take a 10 mm wrench, which is smaller than normal but available.

You might want to replace the primer bulb. They crack or crumble with age and if any crack exists, the carb gets confused. About half of my repairs are related to that alone.
Do you order stuff online or do u have a local dealer. I’m having a hard time finding parts besides ebay

If it started that easily and ides well it sounds like you may just need to tune it a bit more. Does the low speed respond appropriately to input? Have you checked the spark arrester to make sure it’s clean?

Latest posts

Back