Ever name your chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve given saws short term names when frustrated or worried. Usually combined into a command or rhetorical question. You know, like “Sugar Poo,” “bastard” and “mother-——-.” When I’m taking out a burning snag and want to get out from under it or the wind is coming up and starting to take the top away from when I want it to go the 046 or 461 isn’t quite as fast as I’d like it to be.

They’re tools and I’m not sentimental. It already has a model name, that’s fine with me.

Ive never named a saw, if one of my hands is getting the saws ready for work in the morning I just tell him which saw I want by the model number. LOL they have nicknamed one saw "the dragon" though. Its a built chinesium 372 running a 75cc top end and a farmertec open muffler. They call it the dragon because it will set the stump on fire if its a big tree and Im using the dogs to get a bite.

I was finished cutting branches after a long day and let my saw muffler lay against my leg... like the scene in raiders of the lost ark... if that was the right movie... and said some bad words... does that count ?

Was just gonna reply- maybe if i was a 17 year old girl and my chainsaw was my first car......... then maybe I'd name it.
Husky Man beat me to it with a far nicer looking example!

Yep, the kid has left a few young men Tongue Tied, but I think that Gary is the first that she would have Frightened;)

Fortunately, her Personality, is as pretty as her Smile.

Wood cutting is one of the only interests she didn't get from her Mom, she Likes Camping, Kayaking, shooting Fishing and even ASKS for a turn pulling pots crabbing, does pretty good until she has to get it over the Gunnel, struggles a bit with that, but the kid has Spunk, and will try almost anything.

upload_2019-12-30_18-33-6.png

My "Favorite Deckhand"

Doug :cheers:

Two 10-10; Bits and Grumpy
Roached out 440 will be Big Mac when I rebuild it
Eager Beaver... seriously... Every time I look at that sitting in the shed I'm like, how'd that name ever get through marketing? Not sure if that's an epic win or epic fail :laugh: I still run my grandfathers 110, still runs great, and that thing has had a hard life.
No point in renaming Big Red and Old Blue. Again, good marketing...

One thing I have learned being on forums is the differences of opinions. IMO grown men naming saws is a little weird but hey! My 3 saw plan !
My personal saw. The list could go on. Blast away !:rock:

Latest posts

Back