McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I fit some .404 , 050 gauge to a 24" bar for the ProMac 700.
The loop was incorrectly placed on a .063 bar .
The cuts are poplar, maple (hard as hell) and aromatic cedar. I noodled the cedar, and I love pink noodles!
As you can see the 700 didn't have a tough time with the old semi chisel stihl chain.20200101_142836.jpg 20200101_142848.jpg

Seems like she is running nicely.
Yes, I bought this saw from a local saw shop with the understanding that it was locked up, starter cover was misaligned.
I believe that if I'm going to test a chain , sprocket , or bar length its important to use a known good running saw so as to get a correct estimate of how a combination works.

Shame to get it dirty. Should at least paint the raised logo on the starter cover yellow..., just because.
yes sir i agree but it would be a shame not to run it..i wanted to paint the logo white but could figure out how to do it and not be affraid how it would turn out..its still a mac no matter the color

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

What prompted the "Rhino" theme?
2 years ago my kid said the 28 bar on it looked like a rhinos horn before i done all of that to it.so thought that would look like a good paint job and white rhinos are rare so just went with it glad i did its really nice in person..im sure its the only mac like that so its rare to [emoji38]

Yes, I bought this saw from a local saw shop with the understanding that it was locked up, starter cover was misaligned.
I believe that if I'm going to test a chain , sprocket , or bar length its important to use a known good running saw so as to get a correct estimate of how a combination works.
A lot of shops just pull the cord and assume rather than work on a saw that is out of theyre comfort zone. Had a lot of them over the years that needed nothing to fix. Had a 576 husky for 150 bucks with pinched wires to the cutoff switch, went through 7 shops...nobody even tried. Said it was scored. Carbon marks because the spark kept dropping out,that wiped off with no effort. Still have it. Its a nice saw that cost 20 minutes and 0 dollars to fix.

2 years ago my kid said the 28 bar on it looked like a rhinos horn before i done all of that to it.so thought that would look like a good paint job and white rhinos are rare so just went with it glad i did its really nice in person..im sure its the only mac like that so its rare to [emoji38]

I like it. One of a kind now.

And yes on the known good. This is why i didnt sharpen my chain when testing my 850. Literally comparing apples to apples from my 800 to the 850. If i sharpened it when i swapped it i would only be estimating. And i took that tree down with the 800 and swapped the bar and chain to the 850 to get a real feel for the power one to the other.

I had to take that red oak down at chest height because i didnt have the clearance where i needed to drop it. The next cut using the 800 took just under a minute. Thats why you could hear my wife say 43 seconds holy **** on the test cut video for the 850. Not even realizing she was counting the time to start the saw in it. It was faster for sure.

thanks i appreciate that! didnt know if the die hard mac guys would appreciate something different doesnt look like they do lol and yes shes one of a kind may do one of my 850s but another color

Its still a real nice mac whether its yellow or not. If you use it and keep it going, who cares what color it is. It adds a personal character to it.

Back