Husqvarna 365 xt to 372xp conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnT34

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi
Decided to share my own experience on this topic as I have seen a lot mixed reviews on grinding out the transfer caps on a 365xt with guys comparing their 365xt before and after modification and stating they didn’t see much difference in performance.
I took a slightly different angle and compared the pre/post modification 365xt to my own 372xp (also an xt) as the 372xp is the bench mark you are trying to achieve. With all comparisons done using the same bar and chain
The saws are both 70cc and identical in all ways bar two. Firstly the 365 has a restriction in the transfer cap which essentially seems to detune it and secondly the 365 is €200 less to buy new
To start the 372xp was far stronger in the cut than the 365xt with better acceleration and torque
So I pulled the top cover air filter and exhaust on the saw and then removed the cylinder and carb as one unit
I removed the transfer caps ground them out and polished them
Resealed then with sealer and reinstalled on the cylinder and then deleted the base gasket as the cylinder was off, so why not
Put the saw back together and let the sealer cure overnight. Total job start to finish 2 hrs
Outcome, 10 psi gain in the 365 (160) over the bone stock 372xp. And then tested both saws on a 24” spruce using 24” bar and full house 73lpx chain
And guess what the 365xt post mod had a slight edge on the stock 372xp
This modification in my opinion is fantastic value for money and will transform your 365IMG_1895.jpg01FF1548-0077-47E8-A597-16011B422161.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely a big gain on the 365x.but also I set squish at 0.020 and ground the lower transfers to match the cases.for sure stronger than a a stock 372xp XT.except first 372xp XT I did?I don't know awfully strong.@chipper1

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That one you got off Brian was a screamer.
@JohnT4 did you check the squish, may be a little tight from what I've heard.
Here's one with a 24" round ground in hard ash.

I do a lot of 372's, I prefer the xp but if it comes down to it will do exactly what you did with the xt and do have a setup on my lathe to set the squish using a gasket, - there is a slight difference in the cases, - xt is a little deeper where the cylinder skirt fits in, ok for the xp conversation but the other way around is something to be aware of.

I do a lot of 372's, I prefer the xp but if it comes down to it will do exactly what you did with the xt and do have a setup on my lathe to set the squish using a gasket, - there is a slight difference in the cases, - xt is a little deeper where the cylinder skirt fits in, ok for the xp conversation but the other way around is something to be aware of.
Unless?

Not sure what you mean.
An xt with an oe top, they run well.
I may be interested if theres a 572 cover in the deal :p.
No, going to 372xt. They seem to sell better around here. I am keeping that cover for when my wife has to sell all my crap.

Open up muffler and put heli coil in that 365 stripped plug hole. In my office right now.

Latest posts

Back