Michoacán

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawbone

Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a new rope and eye & eye to use with the Michoacán friction hitch. I’ll be using it with the hitch climber. I’ve read where certain climbing lines and friction cord don’t work well together. What rope and friction cord combination are you guys having success with and also what length of cord seems to work best for you? Thanks

I’m looking to buy a new rope and eye & eye to use with the Michoacán friction hitch. I’ll be using it with the hitch climber. I’ve read where certain climbing lines and friction cord don’t work well together. What rope and friction cord combination are you guys having success with and also what length of cord seems to work best for you? Thanks
I use Tachyon Ash with EpiCord 9.3mm i2i 30" long and they pair nicely for double rope with a michoacán. Also oceans poly 8mm seems to work nicely on Tachyon but I find it wears quickly. For single rope ( with ropewrench) I have had good success with HRC 8mm i2i 28" long on 7/16 km-iii and 11.7mm Scandere. The HRC is by far my favorite i2i, the grip, hitch break, and heat resistance are great. I like how 8mm behaves but until I found the HRC I didn't like how they were more vulnerable to heat. HRC made it possible for me to maintain aggressive descents with a 8mm cord.

Back