Drop Starting a Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get it done. I'm in no hurry theres 2 years worth of split wood on my property and probably 2 years or better worth in just this tree. If you could use wood your more then welcome to stop over. Don't feel inadequate my longest bar is only 24" the 32 is another members.

I'm good in wood, too much to be honest, been selling and donating some just to make room. If the winter keeps the current trend we'll burn half of what we did last year, so my cup runneth over.

Maybe I'll stop over anyway and do some test cuts in that old 10-10 I picked up at the G2G. Put a new bar and chain on it, and am rebuilding the carburetor right now. She was running, but was a little janky when tuning the jets under load, do decided to give it the ol once over.

I think it's a personal thing, drop start or not to drop start, me I prefer to start on the ground where I can let them warm up and get well lubricated before I hit the throttle. I may drop start after the saw warms up but unlike my idiot son-in law who will drop start with the trigger at full throttle I'll do it with the saw at idle. May not hurt anything but I don't see where it is a good thing for the saw. He always said he liked working with me because my tools were new or looked like new. I told him I don't work with junk, if your working on a job it's a waste of time if you are working on tools instead of working on the project.

Latest posts

Back