Never lose a small chainsaw part again.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have invented and designed my own parts keeper (in the process of getting it patented)

When I wash small parts I always loose them. Bloody things, one second they are there, the next, can you find them?! No!

Therefore I designed these parts keepers. Guaranteed to work 100% effectively if used correctly and will keep your parts from going missing.

(custom lengths upon request)

50 dollars per keeper pictured below

won’t rust!

warning, if you try and steal my design I’ll be after you!!!!

09D75930-4CED-456E-9BFF-E801FED821AA.jpeg 0406C343-C400-4296-8BA6-7B17C0E7D9D6.jpeg

I use those zip lock bags of all sizes plus those glad plastic sealed containers when I disassembly a saw. I put a garbage bag in a box to hold the larger parts with the packages of smaller parts. Once it’s all disassembled they all get a bath.

Each disassembled saw is in its own box.

I use those zip lock bags of all sizes plus those glad plastic sealed containers when I disassembly a saw. I put a garbage bag in a box to hold the larger parts with the packages of smaller parts. Once it’s all disassembled they all get a bath.

Each disassembled saw is in its own box.
Ah-ha, but how do you wash those tiny little pieces is the question! That’s where my tool above comes in...

Mesh+DVD+Box+Metal+Basket.jpg

So...instead of losing ONE part when you blow it off with compressed air, now you lose three? (Or four if you count the "holder"?) :p
I sell a special adapter kit (string) that can be attached to the service tool wire and ones trouser belt loop ensuring that it will not be lost....

Hi guys,

I have invented and designed my own parts keeper (in the process of getting it patented)

When I wash small parts I always loose them. Bloody things, one second they are there, the next, can you find them?! No!

Therefore I designed these parts keepers. Guaranteed to work 100% effectively if used correctly and will keep your parts from going missing.

(custom lengths upon request)

50 dollars per keeper pictured below

won’t rust!

warning, if you try and steal my design I’ll be after you!!!!

View attachment 785329 View attachment 785330
Is that aluminum wire or solder? If the latter, you could re-purpose it when done to do the squish test. Just be sure to use lead-free solder or the EPA and several legal firms will be after you.

Is that aluminum wire or solder? If the latter, you could re-purpose it when done to do the squish test. Just be sure to use lead-free solder or the EPA and several legal firms will be after you.
I don’t tend to give out the product details, but I will this time, it’s galvanised steel. No wussy meal here!

34F66A79-B942-4FA3-B8DD-3DBC31E93EEA.jpeg Search for “stainless tea infuser” on amazon. Brings up a stainless mesh circle or square. Spring loaded halves close together to hold all the little parts while cleaning. Squeeze the handle to open. Works great. Blow them off with compressed air and everything. That and stainless colander for bigger stuff

View attachment 785454 Search for “stainless tea infuser” on amazon. Brings up a stainless mesh circle or square. Spring loaded halves close together to hold all the little parts while cleaning. Squeeze the handle to open. Works great. Blow them off with compressed air and everything. That and stainless colander for bigger stuff
Walbro shows them being used in their carb repair video.

View attachment 785454 Search for “stainless tea infuser” on amazon. Brings up a stainless mesh circle or square. Spring loaded halves close together to hold all the little parts while cleaning. Squeeze the handle to open. Works great. Blow them off with compressed air and everything. That and stainless colander for bigger stuff
All joking aside, mate I LOVE this idea, I’m getting one today!! Thanks for sharing!

That's not recognized as a “stainless tea infuser”, its two spark arrestors for the cost of one...

I had to look it up as i had no idea what it was called. My mom had one growing up and i know she brewed loose tea in it. I tried swiping it to use in the garage and Dad put the kibosh on it. He said he already tried and got chewed out.

Back