Chain saw choices on amazon?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With amazon there is a return policy if it won’t run. I won’t buy anything that’s said to be refurbished. I got burned a few times doing that.

I’m just browsing thinking about taking a cheap saw and porting the snots out of it. I’d was looking for a more popular homeowner saw but being there called collectible now the price has doubled or tripled from the norm. I might was well buy a new one.

But I have a older Poulan and a few extra partner 500 to play with. Just some future thoughts.

Blue max is probably the only Chinese saw I’d buy, if I had to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I been eyeing a vintage saw to port but the cost has soared even for a non runner,
Brain fade I think I have 8 or so 570 huskys. I have a new husky oem cylinder kit too.

I bought my joncutter 5800 of amazon.
In Canada the shipping kills most online deals, amazon has free shipping tho so my huztl saw was cheaper on amazon than from huztl.

It's a solid Chinese saw, it doesn't need a thing done to it before cutting fire wood, the joncutters run fine. I did buy it with the intentions of hopping it up tho, I added a bigger carb, intake and ported it, its much faster now. This model is pretty much identical to a bluemax but bigger cc's.
I wouldn't pay extra for a Chinese saw that looks like the joncutter but has a long bar and chain, the bars don't last and the chains are very slow cutting.

Bluemax ones have been sold under some different names like pinty, surpass, power king. I've got the surpass version which is manufacturer of the bluemax, the others are just sticker names.

Coocheer, autojeer, Laginza.....never heard of them.
It be hard for me to veer from proven brands.

If I ever added to my Echo's, Stihls and Husky's , it be Makita.

Oh and I'm a BIG fan of Amazon.

Latest posts

Back