Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes as long as they still have plenty of spring in them. Face the opening either straight up or down. I always do straight down.

And yes Stihl makes chains that will fit Poulan saws. You need to know the number of drive links the width of the drive links and if it is 3\8ths low pro or something else. Look at the bar for some of that information.

yes as long as they still have plenty of spring in them. Face the opening either straight up or down. I always do straight down.

And yes Stihl makes chains that will fit Poulan saws. You need to know the number of drive links the width of the drive links and if it is 3\8ths low pro or something else. Look at the bar for some of that information.

Thank you I was just wondering about the chain thing because the little 2000 woodsman I just picked up for 20 bucks has a brand new stihl chain on it. He just had it serviced at a stihl dealer. I just figured the chain probably cost what I paid for the whole saw

I think Stihl calls the 3\8ths Lo Pro Picco chain. Anybody else know.

Stihl does call there low pro Picco. To be honest, I aint seen much Picco Stihl chain that I have much use for. I have sharpened a lot of it for the tree service guy and have used a bit of it myself. I see no reason not to just use Oregon non safety low pro

What's the best way to air test a plastic strato saw I just put back together. I know how to block the muffler but what about the carb. Thank you

I think Stihl calls the 3\8ths Lo Pro Picco chain. Anybody else know.
The only time I have bought any Picco chain was for a race chain contest I entered.
I usually use Oregon for everything.

I entered another race chain contest for .325 and used Oregon for that.

Stihl picco. We were using 63PS 63PS3. Full chisel

Some of those square filed picco 3/8LP chains were a work of art to see. :surprised3::cool:

I still buy rolls of it for the locals saws and my small saws. Love the full chisel cutters.
If I buy a semi chisel 3/8LP it is usually oregon. But havent bought any of that in years.

https://www.stihl.com/STIHL-power-t...2167-63680/Picco-Super-(PS)-3-8-P-1-3-mm.aspx

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/saw-chains/ps3/

That 325 build off made me turn in my 33LG and RS after testing them 5 stock chains. Still using the LPX now for 325.

I love the Stihl PS and can still get it made in custom (non Stihl DL counts) from the Stihl Dealer in St Paul. I had a couple loops square ground before the guy I knew sold his Silvey.

I seem to get so many loops of various designs of Oregon low profile chain because every junk saw I get has a loop or two with it so I haven’t needed to buy any LP in years. I am down to my last 62 DL loop and it’s probably down to ten percent cutter so may need one next spring. Philbert was mentioning that you can get full chisel in LP from Archer but I haven’t looked into that yet.

Back