Husqvarna 350 muffler bolt fix.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigbubdaddyGus

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I bought a Husqvarna 350 52cc chainsaw at a pawnshop, got a Great deal on it ($42.50 out the door) due to one muffler bolt missing the other one loose.
I read it's a common problem on these saws to come loose. I got new bolts, put them I with Red locktite and now I considering on Tack welding them to stop them from loosening since it's a issue with these saws.
Tack welding wouldnt make them impossible to ever remove, grind off the tack but unless the saw blows up, I can't see a reason to ever need to remove the muffler and this should stop the vibration loose issue.
Your thoughts??

Put new bolts in with red Loctite, go run a tank through the saw, remove the bolts and put red Loctite on them again and put them back in. After another couple tanks, tighten them up. This has worked so far with me.
I’ve found that if u re-torque them after running it up to temp plus the 346 muffler bracket pretty much solves the muffler bolt problem.

I’ve found that if u re-torque them after running it up to temp plus the 346 muffler bracket pretty much solves the muffler bolt problem.
I agree. But some guys aren’t going to mess with removing dog bolts or cutting the right side of the bracket off.

I bought a Husqvarna 350 52cc chainsaw at a pawnshop, got a Great deal on it ($42.50 out the door) due to one muffler bolt missing the other one loose.
I read it's a common problem on these saws to come loose. I got new bolts, put them I with Red locktite and now I considering on Tack welding them to stop them from loosening since it's a issue with these saws.
Tack welding wouldnt make them impossible to ever remove, grind off the tack but unless the saw blows up, I can't see a reason to ever need to remove the muffler and this should stop the vibration loose issue.
Your thoughts??
If it has a plastic intake clamp, there's a very good chance you'll need to take the cylinder off at some point, if not now. You can get the 346xp style two leg brackets from ebay for under $5. Cut the flywheel side leg off and attach to the spike bolt. Problem solved!
Like dis:
20181121_142821.jpg

If it has a plastic intake clamp, there's a very good chance you'll need to take the cylinder off at some point, if not now. You can get the 346xp style two leg brackets from ebay for under $5. Cut the flywheel side leg off and attach to the spike bolt. Problem solved!
Like dis:
View attachment 785797

could you leave the other tab on and drill and tap (or an insert) for the second bolt?

Back