Picture tour through my woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Five years plus, and looking good.
Where about in Michigan are you?
Thanks, I have trails through most of the property now, working on the north property line to make it navigable for the tractor and trailer. Still several leaners and dead standing to deal with, in fact it looks like a new one on the ground as of this morning with no real wind to speak of last night.

I'm in western SE Michigan, a bit north of Ann Arbor. I spent a fair amount of my life on your side of the state - Decatur, Kalamazoo, Paw Paw, South Haven... and the FIL lives close to Hamilton so I'm still there frequently.

Lots of trees down on my trails after the windstorm last week, including this hollow sassafras to use for campfires. The rest of it just got stacked where it was cut.
View attachment 565843 View attachment 565844 View attachment 565845 View attachment 565847 View attachment 565848
Great to see you’re practicing good forest husbandry.
The nice thing is that it’s not just about trees it’s about recreational and wildlife pursuits as well.
There’s never any harm in removing low grade trees from around the more healthy ones.

Great to see you’re practicing good forest husbandry.
The nice thing is that it’s not just about trees it’s about recreational and wildlife pursuits as well.
There’s never any harm in removing low grade trees from around the more healthy ones.
I do try to practice the 5 D's: dead, dying, diseased, damaged, and down. Even with that I think I'm still leaving plenty of wildlife habitat.

More today:
20200105_153110.jpg 20200105_153525.jpg 20200105_154137.jpg

Back