Br 600 crank repair?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Taylor

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I know this isn’t a chainsaw but I know that it will get some more viewers over here so as some of you know the piston pin bushing for these br 600 go bad is there any way to clean them up it’s kinda bad but not the worse I’ve seen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
They've had that problem at 2 different times in that engine family.
They never did come clean on what the actual problem was.
Meaning a clearance or an alignment problem.

But it's the first place that will seize in a lack of lub situation.

I have the Husqvarna 570 version of redmax. Its a great blower.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
i have an 8500 with probably 250+ tanks of fuel through it, runs like brand new, just bought a new 8550 this fall. id be interested to see the new echo blower, but the redmax has been on the market basically unchanged for 20 years. hard to argue with it

i have an 8500 with probably 250+ tanks of fuel through it, runs like brand new, just bought a new 8550 this fall. id be interested to see the new echo blower, but the redmax has been on the market basically unchanged for 20 years. hard to argue with it
I agree. I did a lot of research and review reading between the Husqvarna/redmax, the echo and the Stihl. I really like the Husqvarna and I'm glad I chose it. The only thing I wish it had was a belly strap. It has a chest strap but no belly strap. I only use it on my property. 3rd year of ownership, maybe 12 tanks of fuel. Probably just now getting broken in.

One of the reasons I'll never buy a 4-mix anything.
I bought a Stihl ht131 polesaw a few years ago. I had never heard of a 4mix. The dealer never said anything about it. If I had known it, I wouldn't have bought it. It does an ok job but I have never been fully satisfied with it. My father in law has an echo and it is a much better saw than my Stihl, for close to the same money. I bought it spur of the moment without doing any research. I was bushhogging and got tired of getting hit in the head by limbs so I got off the tractor and went and bought it.

I bought a Stihl ht131 polesaw a few years ago. I had never heard of a 4mix. The dealer never said anything about it. If I had known it, I wouldn't have bought it. It does an ok job but I have never been fully satisfied with it. My father in law has an echo and it is a much better saw than my Stihl, for close to the same money. I bought it spur of the moment without doing any research. I was bushhogging and got tired of getting hit in the head by limbs so I got off the tractor and went and bought it.

What’s the problem with the HT131?

What’s the problem with the HT131?
The only "problem" with it is the shaft keeps creeping out by itself when using it. It doesn't matter how tight you tighten the clamp. However it just does not compare to the echo. The echo feels sturdier, better balanced, longer reach, just more ergonomic overall, plus it's a real 2stroke with no plastic camshaft and no tiny little vavles to adjust. The Stihl does start very easily and runs good so far.

Well I get the blowers for free and never liked red max and use echo at work at there so god dam uncomfortable so I think I will be doing a little bit of sanding and polishing and will see if that works

I have a bunch of these blowers and an old one had a Seized bushing. You can’t just look in the exhaust and see the carnage on these and expected to see a meltdown when I tore it apart. Piston/cylinder were perfect, but you couldn’t pull it over because the piston bushing was locked up. From my research I couldn’t find a fix for it besides a new crank. Priced a new crank and it was $175 I think. I have no idea why Stihl didn’t use a replaceable bearing like all of their other stuff.

I have a bunch of these blowers and an old one had a Seized bushing. You can’t just look in the exhaust and see the carnage on these and expected to see a meltdown when I tore it apart. Piston/cylinder were perfect, but you couldn’t pull it over because the piston bushing was locked up. From my research I couldn’t find a fix for it besides a new crank. Priced a new crank and it was $175 I think. I have no idea why Stihl didn’t use a replaceable bearing like all of their other stuff.
Yea I don’t get the cost saving and they should of used a needle bearing. This one had a bent valve so the Stihl tech bent it back and then ran it full throttle tell it broke the bottom of the piston. He did this on purpose....... every thing else was fine

I never took the piston off the crank to check it out. Maybe this winter I’ll have a closer look to see how messed up it is.

Back