Never lose a small chainsaw part again.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use those zip lock bags of all sizes plus those glad plastic sealed containers when I disassembly a saw. I put a garbage bag in a box to hold the larger parts with the packages of smaller parts. Once it’s all disassembled they all get a bath.

Each disassembled saw is in its own box.

I write on all the bags with an artline (sharpie for you US types), that way i have some idea where the bits have to go. It doesn't solve all the "what bit goes where" problem but keeps it in managable groups.

For cleaning: aquarium media bag - most come with drawstrings, but the fancier ones have zippers. Can get them in various sizes.
Or just throw it all in a coffee can with some gas and shake'r up :D Honestly, old plastic food containers or carry out soup containers are good for that as long as you're not using a chemical that eats plastic.

But just for disassembly, zip locks of various sizes are definitely the way to go, and a sharpie as henry r pointed out. If I'm just trying to keep loose parts with a saw, then I use the old-school trashbag wire twist ties to keep the bag attached to the saw.

https://www.amazon.com/d/Aquarium-Filter-Accessories/Small-Aquarium-Mesh-Media-Filter/B01MY3L61V

I’m getting into larger tote plastic containers. That can hold all the larger disassembled saw parts and the plastic zip loc and little containers with lids.

Hey do the forum member get a discount? What if we buy in quantitties of 100 or more? Do you offer a model with attached tag to write where the dang small parts go???

Back