Out with the old, in with the new!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only a week late, but the g200 finally arrived. Hopefully this lasts longer than 4 years before chasing cracks like clockwork.

Let the fun begin!

I really hope it holds up for Ya', really do.
Nothing like dealing with junk, we ain't got the time.

I really hope it holds up for Ya', really do.
Nothing like dealing with junk, we ain't got the time.
I researched the hell out of it before buying and with what I learned from the previous boiler, the g200 was the best option I could find.

My installation is indoor and I'm not changing it, so that eliminated quite a few options unfortunately. I also have a 6-inch chimney and I refuse the repipe my entire chimney, so that also eliminated a few that had 8-inch flues. Hopefully I'll be firing it up within the next 2 hours! Had to make the obligatory trip to Home Depot for fittings I didn't have.

I looked into them a while ago. Well built machine. I think you’ll be happy.

I looked into them a while ago. Well built machine. I think you’ll be happy.
It certainly is built much heavier than the empyre was. My little forklift needed some friends hanging on the back to lift it haha.

8 hours after arriving back at the shop with the boiler, it's fired and warming up!

Dug up some coals out of the old boiler, sparked up easy as pie

We have fire!

It certainly is built much heavier than the empyre was. My little forklift needed some friends hanging on the back to lift it haha.

8 hours after arriving back at the shop with the boiler, it's fired and warming up!

Dug up some coals out of the old boiler, sparked up easy as pie

We have fire!

Looks like a nice unit but one question. Why the round pipe under the legs? I would think it could roll.

Looks like a nice unit but one question. Why the round pipe under the legs? I would think it could roll.
It's actually 2x2x1/4 square tubing that I welded to the feet of the boiler. The one rear leg of the boiler landed inside my 3'x4' "pit" (where the lines to the house run through the shop footer) that's under the boiler. So the square tubing let's the boiler straddle the opening and not fall in :).

Latest posts

Back