Altec boom hours question..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenleafohio

Reaction score
So I’m looking at a few bucket trucks. They are davey tree trucks. Most of them have the lrv-55 boom. On the hour meters I’m seeing 3900 or 1600 (06 f750). There is only enough for four digits on the hour meters. So my question is... is this probably 11600 hours and 13900 hours on it?

Attachments

• A2DFD864-E106-470B-B990-E77A73FC5B43.jpeg
    A2DFD864-E106-470B-B990-E77A73FC5B43.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
There’s a reason those hour meters only go to four digits. Most equipment that weighs less than 50,000 pounds won’t ever make it to 10,000 hours without a major overhaul or rebuild. The components just don’t last that long. There are exceptions to the rule, farm tractors immediately come to mind, but I very highly doubt any boom truck, regardless of age will make it that long. A D8 will have a five digit hour meter.

Also, and I don’t want to sound like a prick, but this isn’t really the correct sub forum to be asking about boom trucks.

That would likely be hours between last certification? In Canada, I hear Asplandh won't even sell them with the bloom to avoid any liability?

Think there is Heavy equipment section. Then Arborist section. Lots of guys running bucket trucks daily.

So I’m looking at a few bucket trucks. They are davey tree trucks. Most of them have the lrv-55 boom. On the hour meters I’m seeing 3900 or 1600 (06 f750). There is only enough for four digits on the hour meters. So my question is... is this probably 11600 hours and 13900 hours on it?

No those are actual hours. Already posted on your other post about this, but not likely any truck is gonna run 13,900 hours without the drivetrain and PTO system being completely rebuilt, prorbably more than once.

Latest posts

Back