Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I have is a piece of manual, not much to go on. Got it years ago on beg for manual. Hopefully someone will have a complete one by now.

Steve Sidwell
Yes it just a little guy but I put the new piston and jug and craps man 4218 plastic saw. I don't know if it was worth saving or not but it the kit was cheap so I figured at least it's a good learning experience Thank you

I think I have 7 of them, if I find one that the cost is right I try and get it.

This last fall I had a problem with my 27 inch factory bar on my first 5400. The tip gave out and I was kind of down in the dumps about it and was trying to find a new tip but couldn't find one. Well I was looking at some old bars and there was one on a 16 inch bar with the same number on it. Took the rivets out and went to the hardware store and found some copper ones that would work and I had a new bar. I was so happy with my old junk pile and understand why I don't throw anything away.

This last fall I had a problem with my 27 inch factory bar on my first 5400. The tip gave out and I was kind of down in the dumps about it and was trying to find a new tip but couldn't find one.

Just posting pic so I can see tip and bar that was on it. Thinking was a windsor if I recall right?
3 rivet ? Sending you link Todd for new ones to set back if so.

p5400xxxx.jpg

I think I have 7 of them, if I find one that the cost is right I try and get it.

This last fall I had a problem with my 27 inch factory bar on my first 5400. The tip gave out and I was kind of down in the dumps about it and was trying to find a new tip but couldn't find one. Well I was looking at some old bars and there was one on a 16 inch bar with the same number on it. Took the rivets out and went to the hardware store and found some copper ones that would work and I had a new bar. I was so happy with my old junk pile and understand why I don't throw anything away.
I believe Archer makes replacement noses for those as well. I was given a nice Husky pattern bar that must have been stored in a damp shed. The nose was permalocked and shot but the rest of the bar was more or less congealed in protective greasy grime. I think the nose was 9 bucks delivered.

Hey SVK, is that chain you posted on the other page that new Oregon PowerCut chain 72 EXL 3/8ths .050 full chisel chain . If it is it is good stuff. I have never been a big fan of Oregon but this chain has held up very good for the short time I have been using it . I am also running a 20 " Tsumura bar on a Poulan 3700 I redid awhile . I really like it . I was a little disappointed in the saw when I got it done but now that I have the carb dialed in and the new rings are seating it is getting better and better . I can definitely see why these saws have the following they do.

Has anyone ever did any light milling with one of these 3700/3400 ?? They seem like they would do a good job . I am on the look out for another Poulan to replace that 410 Homelite I have been using for light milling with a 20 " bar

Hey, that looks nice! I was all set to shoot some video of my 68 today. Then my wife decided I didn't have enough to do so I played secretary instead. Checked out refinancing my truck. Gonna try an play with the 68 tomorrow.

Hey, that looks nice! I was all set to shoot some video of my 68 today. Then my wife decided I didn't have enough to do so I played secretary instead. Checked out refinancing my truck. Gonna try an play with the 68 tomorrow.
Haha, I looked, I thought I had a video of my 68, it was the 86 instead

Back