Dolmar PS32

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm working on a Dolmar PS32 that the previous owner said needed a carburetor. Boy was he right! I took off the top cover and the carburetor was missing. I understand the original carburetor is a Zama C1Q Dm29 which most of my literature says is not available so I'm wondering if some other carb would be close enough to work. I don't care whether the primer bulb can connect or not because I usually don't use them anyway. I guess the main thing is the bolt up and maybe the impulse hole?

http://zamacorp.com/public/AloneImg/C1Q-DM29-EXP.pdf
http://zamacorp.com/public/AloneImg/C1Q-DM26B-EXP.pdf

I couldn't find the DM26 diagram without the "B". The rebuild kits have different part numbers and parts for the metering have different numbers. That being said, the body looks the same and the choke plate have the same part number indicating the venturi is probably the same diameter... for half the cost I'd probably give it a go. What could go wrong?
Kinda what I thought..

I took the cover and plate off the Dolmar today and noticed it also needs some fuel lines. The bad thing is I can't seem to figure out how to change them, the main suction hose can be seen through the gas cap hole but on the top side it's covered up. I think I've changed fuel lines on the 5100 series but I forgot how I did it, I think something has to be removed to get to the hidden lines...

I think something has to be removed to get to the hidden lines...

You got it, remove front handle, disconnect the rear av and tilt the tank down to access the lines. Here's your service manual for reference.

Attachments

• DOLMAR_PS-32_Repair_Manual2013-11.170100130.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
The manual seems to say that you need to remove the cylinder to get access, do you really have to remove the cylinder to change fuel lines?

No, that manual is goofy as hell. It's written like you're tearing the saw down for a rebuild. Once you pull the intake elbow the carb can flop around wherever you need it to be.

Latest posts

Back