California considering statewide ban on gas powered gardening equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
California has destroyed a lot of gun and ammo rights of legal folks.. while wanting illegals , rapists and drug dealers in a protected state.. its messed up. Guess it would be time to add 500 dollars to every tree job due to battery equipment issues.. large tree and large saw needed ?? Cant use one... there are none.. so a 5000 upcharge for crane equipment to take every tree down in slices taken apart slowly with electric teeny saws..

Could be a safety concern at some point as well.

Maybe illegal chainsaw work at night ??

And theirs this brilliant Ca law that only emboldened criminals and increased crime and theft:

California law defines petty theft as the theft of any property with a value of $950 or less. Most petty thefts are charged as misdemeanors. ... A misdemeanor conviction for petty theft in California carries a sentence of up to six months in county jail, a fine of no more than $1,000, or both.

I dont know if you've noticed but nowadays environmentalists are about emotion not facts. They dont care that batteries are worse for the environment they just want to virtue signal about killing big oil and banning fossil fuels. It's coming whether we want it or not

I'm not an environmentalist by any means, but I think the logic is that the CO2 emissions are by far the #1 issue. The largely imagined environmental impact of batteries doesn't produce a whole lot of CO2.

I think it's hilarious that people that are simply anti-electric, or anti-batteries are suddenly quasi environmentalists when the discussion turns to battery operated anything.

I'm not an environmentalist by any means, but I think the logic is that the CO2 emissions are by far the #1 issue. The largely imagined environmental impact of batteries doesn't produce a whole lot of CO2.

I think it's hilarious that people that are simply anti-electric, or anti-batteries are suddenly quasi environmentalists when the discussion turns to battery operated anything.

These same new green deal people actually think cow farts are causing higher co2 levels. Cows eat grass. Grass grows and dies off every year, the grass that dies puts off the same co2 levels from natural decay. What difference does it make if it passes through a cow first vs it's natural decay when it dies off in the winter?
Ether way it puts off the same amount of co2. So if you eliminated every cow on earth co2 from dying grass wouldn't change.

Maybe we should ban beans from peoples diets so people wont fart so much.
Or ban trees because the co2 they take from the air is released back into the environment when they drop those leaves in the fall and decay on the ground.
Or ban firewood because burning it releases co2, but again when those trees die, guess what they do when they decay. Yep they release it back into the environment anyway.

These people think they are smart but I bet they got an F in science class.

They’ve only been trained that way. Reality and facts are of no interest to them.

They can spew their uneducated rhetoric and embarrass themselves all they want in the CS&M forum but the chainsaw forum is for adult conversation. Maybe a moderator can move this over to the sand box.

These same new green deal people actually think cow farts are causing higher co2 levels. Cows eat grass. Grass grows and dies off every year, the grass that dies puts off the same co2 levels from natural decay. What difference does it make if it passes through a cow first vs it's natural decay when it dies off in the winter?
Ether way it puts off the same amount of co2. So if you eliminated every cow on earth co2 from dying grass wouldn't change.

I'm pretty sure it's because methane is 30 times worse than CO2. I'm not smart enough to figure out if the amount of CO2 avoidance by the cows eating the grass vs decay is 30x the amount of methane emitted from the tailpipe. Maybe pdqpl? knows.

I'm pretty sure it's because methane is 30 times worse than CO2. I'm not smart enough to figure out if the amount of CO2 avoidance by the cows eating the grass vs decay is 30x the amount of methane emitted from the tailpipe. Maybe pdqpl? knows.

Show us the data where cows release 3x the co2 then grass does naturally. If your gonna make ridiculous clams, show the data to back it up or your opinion is worthless.
Oil is plant mater that has been heated and squeezed into oil under high pressure under ground.
And methane is a natural gas that is stored under ground and at the bottom of the sea floor.
The earth releases it naturally all the time.

The next ridiculous clam will be the feminist calming mans farts contain more co2 then woman farts so ban men because there farts are more harmful. Besides the gas that comes out of your mouth to form words are harmful to man because your words are ignorant and poison the minds of young people.

The next ridiculous clam will be the feminist calming mans farts contain more co2 then woman farts so ban men because there farts are more harmful.
A quick search online will tell you that methane is by far the worst of the greenhouse gasses. It is one of many reasons the oil and gas companies have used their GOP puppets to poison you against Obama and promote your enthusiasm for getting rid of his regulations on the release of methane by the oil companies. You know, a regulation that was put in place to protect you and future generations.

But don’t worry, your buddy billionaires that own the oil companies and your favorite politicians are making a few more bucks because they don’t have to treat the methane before they release it now. You must be pretty excited about it.

Show us the data where cows release 3x the co2 then grass does naturally. If your gonna make ridiculous clams, show the data to back it up or your opinion is worthless.
Oil is plant mater that has been heated and squeezed into oil under high pressure under ground.
And methane is a natural gas that is stored under ground and at the bottom of the sea floor.
The earth releases it naturally all the time.

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I wrote that methane is 30 times worse than CO2. And, I wrote that I'm not smart enough to figure out if the amount of CO2 avoidance by the cows eating the grass vs decay is 30x the amount of methane emitted from the tailpipe.

At no time did I claim cows release 3x the CO2.

If you're going to make ridiculous claims, at least make them amusing.

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I wrote that methane is 30 times worse than CO2. And, I wrote that I'm not smart enough to figure out if the amount of CO2 avoidance by the cows eating the grass vs decay is 30x the amount of methane emitted from the tailpipe.

At no time did I claim cows release 3x the CO2.

If you're going to make ridiculous claims, at least make them amusing.
You didn’t address his accusation of ridiculous CLAMS, care to respond?

Show us the data where cows release 3x the co2 then grass does naturally.

I don't believe anyone is saying that it isn't true, except you. But the issue with cow farts is methane, not CO2.

Wikipedia sez:

Methane in the Earth's atmosphere is a strong greenhouse gas with a global warming potential (GWP) 104 times greater than CO2 in a 20-year time frame...

BTW, water vapor is the most important greenhouse gas, contributing 60% of the warming effect.

I don't believe anyone is saying that it isn't true, except you. But the issue with cow farts is methane, not CO2.

Wikipedia sez:

Methane in the Earth's atmosphere is a strong greenhouse gas with a global warming potential (GWP) 104 times greater than CO2 in a 20-year time frame...

BTW, water vapor is the most important greenhouse gas, contributing 60% of the warming effect.

Nope!!! It's the sun, you know that big yellow ball in the sky. Solar cycles have the greatest effect on global temperatures.

Back