California considering statewide ban on gas powered gardening equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father in-law worked for years at lawrence livermoore lab and also for sandia. When it comes to green house gasses CO2 is not even on the chart, as mentioned before..... There are many many other factors which man has no control over and never will.

So "solar cycles" is a greenhouse gas?

Or just a variety of CO2 cow fart?

See your ass..uming and putting in words I never said. Where did I say solar cycles is a green house gas. Come on now, show me where I said that.
The sun goes through cycles with solar flairs, sun spots solar radiation, and getting hotter and cooler cycles over decades, centuries and millenniums. This is what we know , and there a far more things the sun does that we have yet to discover. How do you explain the earth going through ice ages and world wide floods, world wide droughts long before man came along?
The sun is the most powerful nuclear reactor in our solar system. only a fool would think it plays no roll in our weather cycles.

That lady said a leaf blower ruining for an hour puts out more emissions then a Toyota Camry does driving 1000 miles. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
I heard one thousand one hundred miles. Exactly what counts as an emission clearly isn't identified. A top selling leaf blower.

It does not directly imply stuff used in commercial tree business from what I gather.

As far as the Stihl battery stuff they seem to have the business model to put quite a few tools in the store front and only small capacity batteries. Kind of a recipe for frustration.

These same new green deal people actually think cow farts are causing higher co2 levels. Cows eat grass. Grass grows and dies off every year, the grass that dies puts off the same co2 levels from natural decay. What difference does it make if it passes through a cow first vs it's natural decay when it dies off in the winter?
Ether way it puts off the same amount of co2. So if you eliminated every cow on earth co2 from dying grass wouldn't change.

Maybe we should ban beans from peoples diets so people wont fart so much.
Or ban trees because the co2 they take from the air is released back into the environment when they drop those leaves in the fall and decay on the ground.
Or ban firewood because burning it releases co2, but again when those trees die, guess what they do when they decay. Yep they release it back into the environment anyway.

These people think they are smart but I bet they got an F in science class.
Especially when you consider that previous to using that land for cattle grazing, there were vast herds of wild herbivores eating the same vegetation and producing the same methane.

Where did I say solar cycles is a green house gas. Come on now, show me where I said that.

I said:

BTW, water vapor is the most important greenhouse gas, contributing 60% of the warming effect [of greenhouse gases].

...to which you replied:

Nope!!! It's the sun, you know that big yellow ball in the sky. Solar cycles have the greatest effect on global temperatures.

Hint: I didn't address solar cycles in my post. All I was addressing were the comparative contributions of CO2, methane and water vapor to warming.

The sun goes through cycles with solar flairs, sun spots solar radiation, and getting hotter and cooler cycles over decades, centuries and millenniums. This is what we know , and there a far more things the sun does that we have yet to discover. How do you explain the earth going through ice ages and world wide floods, world wide droughts long before man came along?
The sun is the most powerful nuclear reactor in our solar system. only a fool would think it plays no roll in our weather cycles.

Agreed

With how things are going with battery tools hopefully by the time this comes to pass we will be at a point where we dont need gasoline anymore. Because I can really see this stuff getting out of hand and everything gasoline being banned within 30 years

Who said I can't wait to mow my 2.5 acres with a battery powered zero turn.

The libs and left side are pushing this bs, just like Bernie Sanders ruined vt. If he gets elected we’re in the middle. I don’t mind going green if we can eat or smoke it. Lol

Who said I can't wait to mow my 2.5 acres with a battery powered zero turn.

I’ve been waiting to see a reasonably priced electric riding mower for awhile. I understand the Ryobi is pretty good, but at $2500 it costs more than twice what it should.

Riding mowers should actually be an easy development. We’ve had decent golf carts for decades now. Just make it a little smaller and put a mower deck underneath. You wouldn’t even need a PTO or pulley assembly. Simply run the blades directly off their own motors.

Ironic California is trying to ban gas chainsaws when they are so desperately in need of fuel reduction. They seem unusually bent on making their lives as difficult and ineffective simply for a perception of moral superiority with seemingly little real measurable benefit. It's another round of "our state is burning and we have millions of people living on the streets in conditions that the UN took notice of, so let's ban straws and chainsaws and put cancer warning labels on everything and McDonald's to see if that solves our most pressing problems."

Maybe the should bad landscapers from using leaf blowers from blowing the grass and leaves down sewer drains instead of raking it up and bagging it and hauling it off site like they are supposed to. Then they wounder why storm drains clog up and cause flooding. And paying the city/county from having to use gas powered equipment to clean out storm sewers.

Seems like every time I buy something, even as simple as a ball valve cutoff for the end of a garden hose, there is a Proposition 65 tag warning me that the state of Califonia KNOWS that ingredients in this product cause cancer. No possible or probable carcinogen, they just KNOW. Never mind that our obviously uneducated FDA and EPA don't KNOW. I just shake my head at such unbridled arrogance and presumptuousness. Typical California.

Back