372 or 562

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott chandler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I’m in the market for a 60-70 cc saw. Will be used for cutting logs already down. My son has been helping me and started selling loads of wood for a little extra income and he has gone wild. I have to keep him out of my wood and he’s taken over my 372 - I have one 372 24” bar and think it’s the finest saw i have ever used. Have a friend that has a 562 and he’s telling me i should buy one and that it cuts like a bigger saw. Seldom get logs larger than 30” but sometimes we get a couple monsters. I don’t own any newer smart saws but am open minded but have never had to adjust on the 372 it just screams. But wanted to ask the fellas that use a 562 or similar size husky - also any comments on problems with the self adjusting carbs and are the bugs worked out - opinions appreciated.

I haven't run a 562 more than a couple times, but I have a Jonsered 2166 that is essentially a 372 in different colors. Actually, there's one for sale in the classifieds right now for $500 brand new. Anyway, if you like the 372, buy that one. The 562 isn't gonna cut as fast as the 372 in big wood. It will be lighter and more nimble though. Another thing is that it's nice to have multiples of things. Helps for troubleshooting, stocking parts, etc.

I haven't run a 562 more than a couple times, but I have a Jonsered 2166 that is essentially a 372 in different colors. Actually, there's one for sale in the classifieds right now for $500 brand new. Anyway, if you like the 372, buy that one. The 562 isn't gonna cut as fast as the 372 in big wood. It will be lighter and more nimble though. Another thing is that it's nice to have multiples of things. Helps for troubleshooting, stocking parts, etc.
I agree with everything said here, and I LOVE a 562. I've owned both, and in wood that big you'll need the displacement.

Go with the flow I'd say, but I prefer a cell phone with real buttons on it...

Again I really like my 572 and it's the future, but I would have to ask how much experience you have with the 372? I admit I'm a bit spoiled with my 372, as IMHO not much is better than a ported OE372.:cheers:
I've ran them not alot though I just love my 572 a whole lot. No disrespect intended because the 372 is a fantastic saw

I've ran them not alot though I just love my 572 a whole lot. No disrespect intended because the 372 is a fantastic saw

Looks like a piece of soap though... compared to a British telephone box :rolleyes:

I’m in the market for a 60-70 cc saw. Will be used for cutting logs already down. My son has been helping me and started selling loads of wood for a little extra income and he has gone wild. I have to keep him out of my wood and he’s taken over my 372 - I have one 372 24” bar and think it’s the finest saw i have ever used. Have a friend that has a 562 and he’s telling me i should buy one and that it cuts like a bigger saw. Seldom get logs larger than 30” but sometimes we get a couple monsters. I don’t own any newer smart saws but am open minded but have never had to adjust on the 372 it just screams. But wanted to ask the fellas that use a 562 or similar size husky - also any comments on problems with the self adjusting carbs and are the bugs worked out - opinions appreciated.
You can run a 24" bar on a 562. On 1-18" run a 20 on a 562 and forget the 372. Running 24-32" bar all the time, grab the 372. 562 auto-tune has been worked out, have owned a 2018 with 55a carb and was a nice saw. My ported one with el-46 runs well and was the old at junker. 572at is also a nice saw, will pull a longer bar than that 462stihl light weight saw. If your dealer has AT software, I would go that way. But, that being said buy what will make you smile.

Back